Day 1 of my ketogenx diet...

Mizzlane
on 7/20/15 5:42 am
VSG on 08/14/15

I currently have a wild berry protein shake that I will be substituting 2 meals with this week and protein enhanced snack bars that I will eat in between meals. Also I need to ensure that I incorporate 6 to 8 cups of water intake daily. After week 1 I will strictly be on the liquids/shakes only prepping for my surgery. Has anyone had any issues sticking to their pre op diet to shrink their liver? And if so, how did you manage? Did you cheat? Did you have any emotional issues or nausea? please help me I am so very new to this life

I say that all deh time

*what doh kill yuh does make yuh stronger*

zann50
on 7/20/15 6:05 am

I am confused by the lead in to your post????  "Day 1 of my ketogenx diet"....your post says nothing that indicates a "ketogenic" diet is what you are following.  Please explain...I can be easily confused😊

Zann

VGS- 2015

Mizzlane
on 7/19/15 11:12 pm, edited 7/19/15 11:22 pm
VSG on 08/14/15

well let me unconfuse you Suzanne........the ketogenX plan that I am following, per my surgeon, includes 1 healthy high protein low carb meal, which in my case can consists of 1 palm sized portion of Lean meat and 3 handfuls of veggies, or a sub of 1 handful of fruit for 1 handful of veggies. 2 ketogenX shake or soup, in which I have chosen the shake and 2 protein snacks which can be in the form of bars,crisps or a high in protein food.....did I clear that up for you ....KETOGENX is correct

www.ketogenX.com

I say that all deh time

emtscott54
on 7/20/15 10:35 am

To answer your question, the only "cheating" I did on that diet was use regular broth instead of low sodium.  Every time I thought about cheating I would watch the surgery on YouTube. You can totally see a difference when they are working on someone with a nice, small liver.  You don't need to cheat much to totally undo the diet.  You need to stay away from those carbs and let ketosis do its thing.  I have friends who cheated on their diets or had surgeons who didn't require a diet.  There results were not as dramatic as my friends who did follow the program.

The liquid diet is rough.  Almost all of us treat food the way a junky treats dope.  The liquid diet takes that drug away from you.  I would say most people who fall entirely off the wagon started thinking "I'm just going to eat this once."  Sadly, they probably even believe it.  Do not set yourself up to fail by cheating.  You are about to be given a tool that could change your life and you deserve it.  Time to start looking at food as what you need and not so much what you want.  There is more to life.

Mizzlane
on 7/20/15 10:41 am
VSG on 08/14/15

Thank you for your input on this topic. I am halfway through my day and so far I have only ate 2 hardboiled eggs, which were approved by my diet and a protein bar. Other than that I had my protein shake in the morning, and another for lunch. I have not been feeling hungry at all, I also decided to stay in for lunch instead of going out with my co-workers so I wouldn't be tempted to stray like a junkie lol. I am so determined not to fail especially since I have gotten this far with everything. I need to train myself not to rely on food and also get used to eating less because I hear it gets harder after the surgery.

I say that all deh time

zann50
on 7/20/15 12:58 pm

Thanks for sharing info.  I definitely was thinking ketogenic diet...I followed a plan much the same as you for the month prior to surgery.  The WLS clinic insisted that Optifast was the only shake we were allowed?? 

As far cheating, yep, I did eat more than the "palm-size" portion  of protein on plan.  I did lose 20lbs during the month.  And my emotions were all over the place.  I am not sure if related.

Good luck with your journey

Zann

VGS- 2015

Mizzlane
on 7/20/15 1:02 pm
VSG on 08/14/15

Thank you, where are you located? I guess different surgeons require different programs. I am sure the emotion thing was a teeny bit related due to the fact that you pretty much had to avoid eating everything that you were used to, but the end result was great! 20lbs is a lot of weight to lose pre surgery, I hope my results are similar!! Thank you

I say that all deh time

NYMom222
on 7/20/15 11:48 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I had a similar presurgical diet, although I wasn't using that name brand shakes. No snack bars, but I was allowed one meal of protein/salad or protein/veggies. My 'cheat' sometimes would be to have a second meal of protein...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Mizzlane
on 7/20/15 12:27 pm
VSG on 08/14/15

oh ok. Its frustrating to say the least, but I know that this is the start of the rest of my life, so I am as determined as determined can get.

I say that all deh time

NYMom222
on 7/20/15 12:54 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Ask if you are allowed to have SF popsicles. I had never eaten them before but they were a lifesaver to me after surgery.... they are basically frozen flavored water...so you might be able to have it now.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views