SURGERY DATE! And question about protein shake....

jeepsportgirl
on 7/19/15 4:41 pm
VSG on 08/10/15

I finally got my surgery date! August 10th. I am curious what brand of protein shakes you all used post-surgery. I wasn't told anything about needing to do a liquid diet pre-surgery. Post-surgery he said I would need to be using whey protein and that I could start experimenting to find one I like. I've been drinking Shakeology for a while as a meal replacement, but that has too many carbs in it and isn't a protein shake per se. Any suggestions for whey protein shakes? I don't want to just start buying ones to try as they are expensive without having some suggestions. 

Thanks in advance for your help and support! 

psren13
on 7/19/15 5:15 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

You can go to sites such as Vitacost etc and order sample packets.  I made the mistake of buying the larger tubs (3) of them prior to my surgery but I was also pre-op eating.  A lot of people's taste changes after the surgery so what they liked before, they may not like afterwards.  Thanks to a frequent poster on here, I tried the Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle and have been hooked.  It tastes alot like chocolate milk.  I would suggest that you get samples to see what you like.  Don't go overboard with the buying of bulk unless you find one you really like.  There are also unflavored (meaning not chocolate nor vanilla nor strawberry or other flavor) that you might try for when you are on the liquid part of the post of phase.  There is also a chicken flavored one,  A lot of us used unsweetened almond milk to mix the protein powder with but some use plain water, or can add to yogurt, etc.  Good luck.  Pam

Oneillch
on 7/19/15 7:55 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Good luck with your surgery! For a pre-made protein drink, I used Premier Protein. They come in vanilla, chocolate & strawberry & can be purchased at Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club & Walmart. I also used (and still may use as a supplement) Syntrax Nectar Unflavored Protein powder. I liked it because I was able to add it to soups, decaf teas, yogurt, sf ff pudding or jello. I would also use it to make my own shake using sf almond or cashew milk with a sf Torani syrup or a tbsp. of a sf ff jello pudding dry mix (yum!). 

tanieanie
on 7/20/15 6:40 pm - WI

I have to say I used unjury and it was fabulous for me.  I also bought these little flavor drops that I could add to the vanilla unjury and make orange creamsicle shakes, chocolate raspberry shakes and even cappuccino shakes all from vanilla unjury.  I did not feel deprived at all and actually felt like it was a treat.