10 month post op stall!

nikki469
on 8/17/15 5:37 am
VSG on 10/17/14

Ok so maybe I'm over reacting, I have not lost any weight in the last 2 months! Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? I mean yes, I can eat a little more but not that much more. I'm still exercising and not eating carbs. I am however still losing inches. Is my weight loss journey over? Is this all i'm going to lose? I know I should be proud, but I feel like I am failing myself. I also gained five pounds with my last period! Is that normal?! Someone help me before I lose my mind! Tell me I'm going to be ok. Should I just go back on shakes? Calm me down!

Dan1962
on 8/17/15 6:04 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I am a couple of days shy of 11 months and my loss has slowed in the past couple of months.  I still log everything and when I printed out my trends, I was eating more.  Its as simple as that.  As we get smaller, the same activities don't burn as many calories and combine that with taking more in and your loss slows.  I cut my intake and amazingly (sarcasm to aimed at me) I've dropped weight.  You know what you need to do!  Good luck!

White Dove
on 8/17/15 6:42 am - Warren, OH

What Dan said.  If you are not losing then you are eating more calories than you need to. 

Track every bite.  You can lose a pound a week by cutting out 500 calories a day.  Going back to shakes usually is the worst thing you could do.  It just makes it easier to get more calories in if you drink them.

Lean dense protein, a small amount of vegetables if you have room and nothing else. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gwen M.
on 8/17/15 3:07 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

What, exactly, are you eating on a daily basis?  Share your meal plans and we can help troubleshoot.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

nikki469
on 8/17/15 3:16 pm
VSG on 10/17/14

Today for instance I had a hard boiled egg and a piece of bacon for breakfast. Same for mid morning snack. Then for lunch I had a turkey dog with no bread dipped in mustard and haven't had dinner yet.

Kelbel37
on 8/18/15 7:38 pm

I am actually one year out today woo hoo! But for the last 3 months the weight has come off verrry slooowly. My nutritionist and surgeon are happy with the way things are going though. It is slow but it is still heading in the right direction. At one point, I think I lost .4 in a two month period. Then had a loss of about 5 pounds in the next month or so. They tell me its better to lose slow at this point because it means I am not losing muscle just fat. But as the other posters said, it gets easier to eat more and I am aware that I am sometimes grazing. I know I need to pay attention to that because at about the 9 month mark the stomach starts relaxing. Write everything or post everything you eat somewhere and pay close attention to that. I'm sure we arent done yet! Just keep plugging along! It's a lifelong journey!

Most Active