Gained and so upset

stacey1099
on 8/26/15 7:59 am
with

Recently hit my one year suriversary and lost 50 pounds. Need to lose another 20 and recently got on the scale and gained 6 pounds.  What do I do? I am starting to panic that the weight is going to come back quickly.  Haven't been drinking all the water, started walking a few weeks ago, portion size has increased.  Need a little guidance as to how to get back on track. 

Heather L.
on 8/26/15 11:05 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

You've already identified the issues.  You need to get your water in and you have to go back to strict weighing and measuring of your portions.  Exercise is not an excuse to eat more calories (unless you're marathon training).

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

stacey1099
on 8/26/15 11:08 am
with

thank you Heather!  You are right, I need to do this for me. 

Hislady
on 8/26/15 6:36 pm - Vancouver, WA

Yep exactly what Heather said more water, less food. Be sure to keep weighing, measuring and logging your foods, that is the one thing that keeps us accountable and the successful vets (most of them anyway) are the ones who still do that. Maybe not everyday but periodically they pull out the measuring devices to make sure they are still on track size wise. It is very easy to estimate on the higher side after a few months of not doing it. Just get yourself back on track and you should get back to losing soon.

psychoticparrot
on 8/26/15 9:35 pm

The good news is that you're nipping the problem in the bud (6 pounds is a bud; 60 pounds is Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors). Good luck!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views