Surgery scheduled, starting to feel overwhelmed

msecanales
on 9/9/15 6:54 pm

I am scheduled to have VSG on 10/26/14. I met with nutritionist and am reading over the booklet I was given. Reading about pre-op diet, post op, vitamins, different protein shake options- different brands, what to expect, what to take to hospital, what to make sure you have at home for post op diet.... OMG, I am overwhelmed already. I'm also anxious about post op and going back to work in a week. Unfortunately, I have only been at my current job for a few months... so, I am unable to take off a lot of time. I also have a 12 month old baby, so we are having to make arrangements for help since I wont be able to lift him. I have also never had surgery before and this is a MAJOR surgery! That also makes me very nervous!!

Mary B.
on 9/9/15 8:14 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

When you put it that way, it is overwhelming.  Remember that the different phases will come at you one at a time.  You'll handle them as they arise. The surgery is major but most people get through it with no problems.  Having only a week off will probably be fine.

Don't sweat it, you'll do fine.

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

Neesie57
on 9/9/15 11:04 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

You won't be able to lift your baby for a while, but you are going to live a lot longer and be more energetic for him, so it is a win for both of you. 

Good luck with everything.  We're always here for any questions and advice.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

msecanales
on 9/11/15 7:45 pm

Thank you for your responses. I am trying to take it one day at a time. I am also trying to make a list of questions to ask during my pre-op appointment. I have no idea what to ask! any thoughts?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 86 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views