Goal for real this time!

wyo_sarah
on 9/17/15 8:03 am

I have posted goal before but today is my final one. I'm 5'6 and this morning I weighed 139.2! I am officially done losing weight and now need to maintain. I've been holding steady between 140-145 for about three months now but I wanted to get a picture of 140.0 or less and today it happened! Thank you all for your inspiration,information and advice over the past 14 months.

KansasPrincess
on 9/17/15 8:15 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

congratulations on hittign a weight you are comfortable with ! im also 5'6" and idk that i would look healthy at 139 pounds. but then again i dont ever remember being 139 pounds. the smallest i remember weighing is 280 and that was 11 yrs ago when i graduated highschool.

wyo_sarah
on 9/17/15 8:18 am

I think the last time I weighed 139 was probably junior high. I have a dress I wore when I was a sophomore and it fit 15 lbs ago. I've had people tell me I'm too skinny. But they were people who knew me fat. New people who didn't know Fat Sarah don't think that. My original goal was 160 because I thought I would look sick less than that. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will.

Neesie57
on 9/17/15 10:23 am
VSG on 08/04/15

Congratulations Sarah!  Your hard work and dedication to this plan has worked and you can move on to the next chapter, maintenance...woo hoo!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/17/15 10:25 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Congrats on making it to goal & starting maintenance, but why the last post comment? I've heard that maintenance is a challenge in itself & its ongoing. Don't disappear into the wild blue yonder, this site is so much more when people stick around & eventually become vets & pay it forward to the newbies coming up & support for those who stay., but if you have to go I wish you well. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

wyo_sarah
on 9/17/15 10:43 am

I'm not planning on going anywhere :-)

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/15 10:53 am

Congratulations!!!!! I know just how you feel - FANTASTIC about making that goal that once seemed so very, very far away.

Now, it's really time to get serious about your food plan. I know you've been "practicing" maintenance for a bit, but take it from me it is so important to have a plan for maintenance. There is NO WINGING IT - especially at the beginning. This is when the personal science experiment begins. You will have to find your "sweet spot" to maintain. To me that means knowing my carb limit, what foods will trigger me into poor eating cycles, what protein level and fat level I feel best with, and about how many calories you need each day. Had I done these things for myself I don't think I would be in the boat I am in today - or at least not as far out to sea as I got.  

Kudos on a job well done and for all your hard work!

Tracy D.
on 9/17/15 12:16 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congrats, Sarah! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

zoopop17
on 9/17/15 4:28 pm

Congrats!  That is amazing. It encourages me to keep working!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views