4.5 Weeks Post-Op

lbmoore0
on 9/18/15 5:32 am

I wasn't able to post for the 4 weeks I was at home but now that I'm back at work things seem to have stalled for me.  I have two friends here that have had the surgery; both had lost twice as much as me at this point and, although I know not to compare my journey to anyone else's, it's discouraging.  I'm trying to consider this as a marathon - something that will take me up to a year or more to do - but I really need to see that scale move this weekend!!  Cross your fingers for me folks!!

iloveravens
on 9/18/15 6:00 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Did they have more to lose than you?  From your stats it looks like you're a lightweight.  Also -- search up top for "3 week stall." As long as you're getting your protein and fluids in, I wouldn't worry.  It'll happen... :)

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

lbmoore0
on 9/18/15 6:43 am

Thanks.  Yes, they did have more to lose than me.  I didn't lose anything at all during that 3 week stall and hoped it was over when I lost 3 pounds right after that.  But now......I'm creeping along.  Struggling with protein but have found what appears to be a good solution and fluids are getting better and better.  I can exercise now which is AWESOME after all this time!!  Thank you for the support!

psychoticparrot
on 9/18/15 1:29 pm

I'll cross my fingers for you, but luck isn't really necessary if you're following your plan, eating protein first, getting lots of water, etc. That's the great thing about the sleeve. You choose the best foods for your sleeve, and your sleeve returns the favor by keeping you nice and full on just a fraction of what you used to eat. It's a beautiful relationship.

I lost weight by the bucket in the first few months after my surgery, but that was because I had severe complications and was too sick to eat. I'd much rather have started slow but sure like you are. I'm 7 1/2 months post-op now and the weight is coming off slowly -- 1-2 pounds per week. As long as it's coming off, I'm happy. Whether by tortoise or by hare, this weight is coming off! It will come off for you too.

Don't set too much importance on scale readings. It often does not give you an accurate picture. I had a 3-week stall in Judy during which a pair of capris went from tight to loose, so something good was going on, even if the scale didn't show it.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

wencr14
on 9/21/15 5:13 am

Hello, I had surgery a week ago with Dr. Heider as well, would love to talk to you sometime.  I've lost 15 pounds since last Monday but I can tell my weight loss is definitely starting to slow down!!

lbmoore0
on 9/21/15 6:46 am

Hi!  Had to miss our first post op group because of work and it looks like I'll be missing the next one as well, but I love the support from the entire group there!  I've been very lucky and have had no complications.  Still learning to eat but I think it's coming along well.  This definitely transformed me from "living to eat" to "eating to live".  LOL

Most Active