Ideal weight

toddwho23
on 9/23/15 5:16 am

This is a great question, and I just want to let you know you're not alone in your anxiety. I have 20 pounds to go before maintenance and I am terrified! Great advice from our peers really helps!

familyof6
on 9/23/15 7:26 am

Thanks everybody for the great advice ! I am trying to get a few lbs lower than my surgeons "ideal weight" for me. My goal is 155, and as of this morning I am 156.8  . It's weird though, the loose skin, is not necessarily thin wrinkly skin, but still looks like fat to me, esp some on my back mid section , I know....TMI....I keep telling myself I don't need to loose another 20 to get rid of that....anybody else have that problem ?!

My stats as of now:  height 5'7", weight 156.8 lbs,  pants size 10, tops size Large.

jyamiolk
on 9/23/15 7:38 am
VSG on 10/15/14 with

I started maintenance about six months ago. I was able to hit my goal weight of 197. I am terrified of weight gain and continued to loose weight. Today I am 184 and don't want to go any lower. My doc said that I should not go below 180. I am 5'10 and medium build. At my current weight I am 21% body fat which is the upper range of normal. I am eating 1600 - 1700 calories a day with 120 grams of protein and 120 grams of carbs. I go for my one year followup next week and will hopefully get a better idea from my surgeon on the optimal weight. During weight loss phase I was eating a quest protein bar for breakfast and lunch. Currently I am eating s yoghurt, protein bar and cottage cheese for breakfast. I have a protein coffee shake for mid morning snack, protein bar for lunch, Apple for mid afternoon snack and then some sort of cooked dinner.

My therapist told me that having a fear of regain is good to a point as it will keep us in check of our eating plan and food intake. My problem is to not get obsessed with it that I continue to loose weight. 

VSG with DR. Sharp on 10-15-2014

Age 43 Height 5' 10" HW 306 SW 280 CW 185

GW 195

familyof6
on 9/23/15 8:04 am

I can so relate ! It's hard to think of not losing anymore and remembering the many times I gained all my weight back....and hearing stories of all the weight VSG'ers gained back :(((

I am trying not to get too obsessed....but it's also because I realize I can eat so much more, I fear I might not have the restriction anymore that held me within limits. I see your breakfast is a much larger quantity than when you started .....that's me and it scares me !!

jyamiolk
on 9/23/15 8:22 am
VSG on 10/15/14 with

Over the past year, I can definitely hold a little more food and am concentrating on what to eat with protein being first. When I eat foods like chicken or anything that may be a bit more dense I can definitely feel the restriction. Lately I started eating small apples and can feel when I am full. For dinner I am eating egg salad made up of three eggs and that will fill me up comfortably. I am primarily concentrating on my caloric intake and definitely know my limits as to the quantity. I still log everything that goes into my mouth so that I do not get out of control. 

VSG with DR. Sharp on 10-15-2014

Age 43 Height 5' 10" HW 306 SW 280 CW 185

GW 195

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views