What is your favorite way to get the protein in besides shakes?

Abby2015
on 9/23/15 3:46 pm

Unflavored Genepro for 30 grams of protein. I mix it with tea and it tastes fine.  

Surgery 9/9/15  SW 280/CW 263.8/GW 140

hollykim
on 9/23/15 4:45 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 23, 2015 at 10:27 AM Pacific Time, Laura R. wrote:

Hi Everyone! I am two weeks out from my surgery and was curious about protein intake in the first few weeks.

What is your favorite protein shake?

What is your favorite flavorless powder that can be mixed into smoothies?

What is your favorite way to get the protein in besides the shakes?

Thanks in advance for the input!!!!

Laura

Syntrax chocholate,twisted cherry,lemon tea. For the tea and cherry,I also add some Mio type drops in a corresponding flavor.

i never used unflavored,it tastes like whey, whey has a flavor. It is just not choc or vanilla etc.

skip the smoothies,they are just a fad diet. Easy to get huge amounts of sugar and calories in them and no fiber,really. They are not your friend.

i never had trouble with any food so since I was cleared for meats etc I ate and still eat,meat,chicken,fish,tuna,eggs every way. Yogurt.

jamrodriguez
on 9/23/15 11:10 pm

Favorite shakes are any flavor Syntrax Nectar, and even though I'm on normal foods now I still have a Premier Protein premade shake everyday. They're just so dang convenient and taste fairly decent. 

Haven't tried unflavored protein at all. But I agree with the others that fruit smoothies have waaaay too much sugar and should be avoided. Instead I would opt for blending up your protein powder with some ice and almond milk and flavorings. Get some sugar free Torani or DaVinci syrups and make some concoctions with those. Add some Greek yogurt for texture.

Early on in pureed and soft food stages I ate a lot of cottage cheese. It was my main source of protein other than shakes. But now that I'm on a full diet I eat a lot of chicken and ground turkey. I usually do meal prep on sundays and make some kind of dish like chicken and broccoli or turkey meatloaf or something and then divide it up for the week. I also eat a lot of eggs. I love eggs. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views