GERD and VSG = Concerned

zann50
on 9/26/15 4:10 pm

post VSG nine months...GERD prior and well controlled with meds.  Since surgery continue with meds and no problems.  I do not have any history of hernias.  I no longer eat late at night.

Zann

VGS- 2015

pec21
on 9/26/15 7:19 pm, edited 9/26/15 7:24 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

Thank you.  I have taken 20 mg of Prilosec every day for 20+ years. If I need to keep taking it, that's okay with me.  I just want to be healthy.

to happyteacher:  Thank you. I'm relieved to read that after all you went through, you still feel you made a good choice.

pec21
on 9/27/15 2:21 am
VSG on 12/02/15
pec21
on 9/27/15 2:22 am
VSG on 12/02/15

Thank you. I'm relieved to read that after all you went through, you still feel you made a good choice.

bikrchk
on 9/29/15 12:40 pm

Depends on what the cause of the GERD is.  I had "silent reflux" (causing not heart burn but chronic coughing) which was only correctly diagnosed once I had my pre-sleeve EGD done.  They also found a contributing hiatial hernia. They put me on a PPI and I had immediate relief.  My doc advised that it was an extra risk for me but repair of the hernia and weight loss would make it manageable with a daily PPI. If not, revision to bypass would be my only option from there.  He was right.  With healing and weight loss, I'm pretty much symptom free now still on the 2x day PPI probably for life, but that's OK!

Sweat is fat crying