Struggling with anything I consume......

lbmoore0
on 10/2/15 8:09 am

I'm 6 weeks post op with the sleeve. Things have been going as well as I had hoped with one exception. Everything I put in my mouth goes straight through me. I even asked my doctor if he was sure he hadn't gotten mixed up and given me a bypass instead! It doesn't last long (thank goodness) but it is quite a problem when I'm at work and/or traveling. Any thoughts/suggestions on how to improve this situation?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/2/15 9:17 am
RNY on 08/05/19

What have you been trying to eat? I know I had some foods that I had trouble with at first, so I had to try a lot of things to find stuff that would sit OK in my sleeve.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mickeymantle
on 10/2/15 11:52 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

i had that problem till I got on solid food , I don't know what you are eating , have you tried imoduim thats what my surgeon said to do ask yours

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

psychoticparrot
on 10/3/15 11:03 am

I didn't have that problem, but I've read many posts here about sleevers having diarrhea during recovery after surgery. As you said, it should diminish soon.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

diane S.
on 10/3/15 11:22 pm

some people react badly to whey protein shakes due to lactose. go back to your doctor. try soy or egg white based protein but mainly go to your doctor. your don't want to get dehydrated. get all the fluid you can. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active