Nerves!!

Smilez313
on 10/14/15 12:50 pm

On Nov 2nd i will have my surgery and im a nervouse wreck! Ive been eating everything in sight since i got my surgery date. i dont like pop but i want it cuz i wont be able to have it and so forth is how my brain is thinking. am i the only one that kept having their last full meals? ive got 2 weeks and a half till surgery date and so far looks like i wont have to do a liquid diet with my surgeon. im even thinking of cancelling just by how terrified i am. ive been trying to get my date for a whole year and now ive got it but im scared and think i should just pass.cant help but think that i might be that 1% to where something goes wrong. not to mention those un-supportive ppl who tell me i dont look big i should just excersize like its no big deal. i guess all i need is motivation again. well sorry for my rant and thank you if u took the time to read. im just wondering if im the only one with crazy thoughts.

Scott S.
on 10/14/15 1:05 pm - TX

Welcome to pre-surgery craziness!

I did have a "last meal", but really didn't binge.

I reminded myself of why I am doing it. I wanted a fuller life and this was the step I needed to get there. So far so good.

Hang in there and keep coming back to the site!

Good luck with your surgery.

VSG: 8/8/13 

-Flo-
on 10/14/15 1:57 pm
DS on 04/11/16

Totally normal! You will be fine.

msecanales
on 10/14/15 1:58 pm

I just posted about this a few weeks ago. I are EVERYTHING I wanted. I enjoyed every meal! I ate my favorite meal the day prior to starting my pro-op diet. I started my diet on Monday 10/12/15 so today makes day 3 for me. From the responses I got back, "food funerals" are very common. At work this week, we have had food delivered to our office from different representatives. Bar-b-q on Monday, Olive Garden on Tuesday, and today they brought Schlotzsky's- of course desserts will all these meals. So, I grabbed my protein shake and sugar free jello and sat in my car, listened to some music for my lunch hour.

I am scheduled for surgery 10/26/15- I am also very nervous. I have NEVER had surgery so, this is very scary. We can do this!!

Ruth H J.
on 10/14/15 2:01 pm

I have the same surgery date...and I know I used to not be hungry for most anything, but now I want to get in all my favorites while I can. Last night I didn't eat much which is normal for me but I really felt awful about 15 minutes later...overstuffed... I hope this is a normal pre-op way of thinking and feeling because I don't want to continue this way.

I'm trying to plant the thought in my head that I'll be able to eat most foods in a few months...but I can choose to have much smaller portions. Easier said than done I'm certain.

I begin my pre-op liquid diet next week...and I'm actually looking forward to it. It lasts 2 weeks which reminds me that my surgery follows right after. I've been thinking of using an egg timer so I remember when to have the protein shakes [5/day] and when to be sipping some water.

I'm scared too...which I believe is natural before any surgery. It reminds me to think of Grandma. She always said to think of the worst that can happen and then think of the best that can happen. Then...open your hands skyward and let your fears float up (like a balloon). This, she wisely told me, will prepare you for both ends of the spectrum and everything inbetween...let it go.

take care of you...

Live your dreams...

Billy D.
on 10/14/15 2:18 pm

Yes, I think many people have had their last farewell meals. I had a two week pre-op diet but I started it early so I got my last favorite things in the weeks before. At least my favorites were not too bad..Lobster, no butter, steamed clams also no butter, Shrimp ****tail, Waltz Roast Beef a local Chain restaurant, McDonald's Grilled Chicken Sandwich Deluxe, Chinese Dim Sum all steamed not fried. I had already been eating for diabetes control so I never got carried away. Those last 3 weeks were not fun but I really wanted my Surgeon to be able to see through my Big Fat Liver. It worked. You will be surprised how your new sleeve gives you that extra will power. I'm only a week out of surgery but haven't been hungry. My crazy thoughts were..what if I was still hungry and had to be miserable and I had real anxiety about the urinary catheter but I never ended up getting one although that is what it said on the procedure website...I wish I had known ahead of time. I never worried about the Surgery part or things going wrong, my Surgeon made me feel very comfortable and his staff gave me great care in hospital. Good luck!

Minkey
on 10/14/15 9:03 pm

I ate out so much before my 2 week shake period that I was sick of food. I was ready to get down to business and remember that I'm doing this for me, not for others. Don't listen to those who don't have the problems we have - they can just lose with exercise. Those on this site have tried it all and haven't been successful, so this is the last chance for us. I had a hernia repair at the same time, so I didn't even feel the laproscoptic sleeve holes, and I didn't really take pain meds during the day after I got home from the hospital. Just put your mind to it and do it! If I can at 59 and 386 pounds, you can too!! Hang in there!

Smilez313
on 10/15/15 1:20 pm

Thank you so much! to everyone. At least im not the only one freaking out. but im soo excited to soon be on the loosers bench!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views