3 year check in, but very late

Linda B.
on 10/15/15 8:40 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, my third year anniversary came and went without a post. There was a good reason, I was moving into our new home that weekend. The date was 9/13, three years, no regrets.

So, now that I have a spare moment, here is an update. I am dealing with seven pounds that I want to get rid of. It really isn't an excuse, but the stress of moving to a new state, staying with our son while we hunted for a new home, hunting for that home, dealing with the paperwork once we found one, looking for a new job, and lack of my kitchen equipment until we moved all contributed to the small regain.

I am still figure skating, but I am now looking for a new coach. This won't be easy, but I do have to hurry; I signed up for a local competition scheduled for next month. I do keep up with practice at least twice a week, but I miss having a coach to help me make sure that I am training properly. My last competition was the State Games of America this past August. I earned two gold medals.

I am adjusting to life in Colorado, the city traffic sucks, but I'm learning to deal with it. I start a new job at a small charter school on Tuesday. I will not really be teaching, but will be the school's curriculum and technology coordinator. Essentially I will maintain the school's website, coordinate state testing, and teach the teachers how to incorporate technology in their lesson planning. It is a bit out of my comfort zone, but hey, I like a good challenge.

A really cool thing about where we found our new home, I have a Natural Grocers, a Sprouts, a Whole Foods Market, and a Trader Joe's all withing a few miles of where I either live or skate. This will make staying on plan so much easier. I also discovered that the park and recreation department in our city has many options for activities that we like such as swimming (year round indoor pools) and ballroom dancing. I might even take up ballet to help with flexibility for skating.

Now that we are getting settled, I do hope to pop in and post more often. I do miss everyone here. Life has just been a little nuts for the past several months.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/15 9:47 pm

Congrats on three years!

Where did you and Mike end up settling?

Linda B.
on 10/16/15 3:47 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks, we found a townhouse condo in south Aurora. We are about a mile away from Centennial. Mike works in northwest Aurora, I will be working close to the football stadium. We hope to only have to survive condo living for a couple of years, wait for the market to cool down and then get a house with a decent size yard. We found several we liked, but we kept getting out bid. Homes go super fast, and since rent is so high, it was cheaper to buy than rent.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

frisco
on 10/15/15 10:14 pm

Congrats on 3 Linda !!!

Hope you and Mike are doing well !!!

Good eating requires good food.... good food requires good ingredients.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Linda B.
on 10/16/15 3:55 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Hi Frisco,

I think life is beginning to get back to normal. Mike is looking for some other activity, he is still dealing with a foot injury that just won't heal so running is off the table for now.

I am in total set up the kitchen mode. I need to buy a new freezer (left the other one behind as part of the sale) so I can go back to mass quantity cooking and freezing in appropriate portions for lunches and quick dinners.

It is good to not have to drive an hour or more to get organic, grass-fed beef and no nitrate ham. Oh, I also discovered a huge landscape/garden store that has a farmers market everyday. I did a happy dance.

happyteacher
on 10/16/15 5:56 pm

Good to see you again! I am sure getting into a routine again will help with the eating plan as well. Your skating accomplishments are super cool! And your new job? That is what I do at my job all day long (minus coordinating state testing, add in teaching tech to 27 classes per week K-5) so sending good karma your way! It is a fun job to have, so enjoy!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!