Hot flashes related to surgery..do they stop?!

Alice9248
on 10/25/15 7:03 am

Hi all. I've been through menopause and done with the horrid hot flashes...I thought. Now they are back. Read on line that it is from the fat and hormones changing due to weight loss. I'm about 10 months post op. I've been on a plateau for about 3 months which is about when these silly hot flashes started again. Anyone else going through this and have any ideas for relief or when this is going to end? Thanks in advance!! (PS-- just had another....arrgggghhhh)

White Dove
on 10/25/15 8:33 am - Warren, OH

Progesterone cream will balance out the estrogen and stop the hot flashes. Get it at a health store. A jar should cost about $30

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

psychoticparrot
on 10/25/15 3:33 pm

Isn't it great going through menopause twice???? As if one time wasn't enough! I'm 64 and started getting hot flashes about 5 months post-op. At 9 months post-op I still get them, but they're not as intense. I'm hoping I've burned off most of the hormone-laden fat and can look forward to some steady temperatures. In addition to the suggestion of the progesterone cream (I never tried that), the only thing I can recommend is to try to avoid stalls and get rid of the "menopause fat" as quickly as you can. We don't need any more of these -----> .

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Alice9248
on 10/27/15 8:19 pm

Thanks gals for the advice!!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question