BOT has anyone done this "back on track" diet?

Nicki08
on 10/26/15 2:12 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

has anyone done the "bot" back on track diet...I've been reading about it on FB...pretty much 4 protein shakes and one protein meal..for those who are a ways out from surgery and have regained..or just want to lose those last 20lbs..anyone try it?

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/15 3:05 pm

I am in the process of losing my regain. Only a bit more to go...

I will tell you that I had to completely give up the diet mentality and develop a sustainable, healthy way of eating that worked for me. 4 shakes a day and a protein meal is simply another diet at which I could succeed short term, but it's not sustainable. IT may take you some time to develop a plan that you can live with, but it will be worth it in the long run.

I could see doing the BOT diet for 3 days max just to detox off carbs and sugar. More than that, no, no, no. Not for me anyway.

If I were you, instead of investing in another diet, I would work on developing a healthy and SUSTAINABLE way of eating that will allow you to lose weight and transition into a maintenance plan that looks pretty much the same with a few extra calories.

Just my two cents.

Nicki08
on 10/26/15 5:46 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

I agree...this would just be for maybe a couple weeks on and off..I have a wedding mid November and would just love to be closer to goal..

cappy11448
on 10/26/15 3:13 pm

I'm with Kairk on this. For me, I need to think of maintenance as a life-long plan - not as an off-the-diet/on-a-diet tango!

I think you can find a way to maintain that is sustainable and worth the effort. I now have a plan of 4 small meals per day for maintenance. I can cut back to three meals a day to lose a little weight. I do get thrown off plan by wine and carbs occasionally. But as long as I keep the splurges infrequent, I do ok long-term.

Best of luck on your weight loss journey.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Dan1962
on 10/26/15 3:19 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I've only been at goal a couple months but the only thing I changed when I hit goal was I upped my calories from 1200 to 1400. I still eat high protein meals, every meal. I've lost an additional 4 pounds over the past couple months. This is my way of life now. I will never do a gimmicky "diet" again and I honestly have purged the word out of my vocabulary. Lifestyle has replaced it. Stick with your plan, it works!

White Dove
on 10/26/15 3:57 pm - Warren, OH

It is just another fad diet. Eating dense protein at every meal will keep you full and work better than shakes. I eat six meals a day. They are about 200 calories each with 400 for dinner.

That keeps me nicely at my 136 goal.

If you really want to lose those last 20 pounds start weighing your food and tracking every bite with My Fitness Pal. It takes about 10 calories a day to maintain each pound. Staying 20 pounds overweight means you are eating an extra 200 calories a day. That is not very much food.

Cutting out 500 calories a day will result in losing a pound every week. In 20 weeks you will be at goal.

Do not try to find a quick fix. They are quick to lose and even quicker to gain the weight back. Do it with careful calorie planning and you might never have to do it again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/15 4:04 pm

Sounds just like my liver shrink DIET before surgery, only I got one less shake per day. I agree with the other posters a sustainable eating pattern is what is needed...for life.

Sherrie P.
on 10/26/15 6:02 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I did it. It is from Bariatric Eating... Like other diets, I could not stick to it for very long. The premise is low-calorie high protein shakes for all but one meal. It keeps your protein high and your calories in check.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

White Dove
on 10/26/15 7:05 pm - Warren, OH

I was on that board and one time I posted "Why do you keep telling us to do the shake diet when nobody has ever stayed on it more than a few days?"

They were mad at me. The diet was for the purpose of selling shakes and to prepare you ordered all your shakes from them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

zann50
on 10/27/15 4:16 am

my question is, does BOT only work with their brand of shakes? Or, will any of the many....have the same effect?