Onward and Downward

shery11ynn
on 11/16/15 12:12 pm, edited 11/16/15 12:22 pm

After going through one seminar and associated testing, then realizing my head needed more work and going through several months of therapy, I jumped back on the wagon by attending a second seminar, one year later. Because most all of my testing is already done, I really only had to go through nutrition for 3 meetings this time. Thanks to some intense work I've done with my therapist, I really have done well this time, and as of today's third meeting with the nutritionist, I'm down 24 lbs. I haven't lost this much (and in such a short time, two months), in probably 10 years.

Today I got the nod from my nutritionist that I'm ready to move on - next is an appointment with my surgeon, then schedule surgery. I had really hoped to do this at the end of this year, so there are no insurance complications, plus I have vacation at the end of the year. However, best laid plans... my surgeon had a car accident, and he's been out for the last week, and no one knows when he's coming back. Well, what's meant to be will happen, I guess!

I'm so thrilled, and scared, all at the same time. People have asked me why, if I'm doing so well without it, do I want to have the surgery. My answer is that my chances of success are so much greater with the surgery, and it's about time I take my life back. I've been so tired of living in pain for so long, and I want to do stuff other than sitting on my behind all day every day.

Onward and downward!

Sheryl

Kathy S.
on 11/16/15 2:16 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

There are no words to say how proud I am of you. You made a hard decision to work on the head issues and this is key to long term success.  WAY TO GO  I talk to members daily and I always advise them to get it right between the ears before re-arranging their plumbing!  We can't wait to watch you Onward and Downward

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 11/16/15 5:38 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Losing weight was never a problem.  Keeping it off long term was impossible.  

WLS has changed that dynamic.  I'm able to maintain and not gain weight as I easily did prior to surgery.  That's the real payout on the surgery, at least for me.

Good luck to you  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 207 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 291 views