My shoulder hurts

Debbie R.
on 11/27/15 7:44 pm, edited 11/27/15 7:50 pm - Las Cruces, NM

It seems like when I eat too much or drink something cold my right shoulder hurts. I ate dinner 3 hours ago and I am still in pain.  Does that happen to anyone else?  *I had surgery on Nov 3rd*

hollykim
on 11/27/15 8:50 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 28, 2015 at 3:44 AM Pacific Time, Debbie R. wrote:

It seems like when I eat too much or drink something cold my right shoulder hurts. I ate dinner 3 hours ago and I am still in pain.  Does that happen to anyone else?  *I had surgery on Nov 3rd*

right shoulder pain can be firm a bad gallbladder. Still have yours?

Debbie R.
on 11/27/15 9:12 pm - Las Cruces, NM

Had my gallbladder taken out 17 years ago

psychoticparrot
on 11/27/15 10:18 pm

It sounds like residual CO2 gas they use during surgery. Shoulder pain is the classic symptom. But I would think almost four weeks post-op, it should have worked its way out by now. If the pain persists, call your surgeon.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/28/15 6:16 am, edited 11/28/15 1:23 pm

You probably ate too much, or too fast. 

Until the nerves heal - you may not feel full or pain in the stomach when overeating - drinking too much. The right shoulder pain may be an indication you ate - drank too much. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lowbrass03
on 11/30/15 5:27 am - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12

Debbie,

i had my gallbladder taken out laparoscopically this past Saturday Nov 27. 

I am having the exact pain you experienced. I was told (as mentioned before by another person here) that it could be gas or the CO2 they use to inflate/extend your abdomen during the procedure. 

I couldn't even lay down, but if I made myself belch it would make the pain go away. I was belching so lout that my family came to check on me. I told them I was deflating lol 

Most Active