Stall questions...

ubserved
on 12/13/15 6:31 am

Good morning all, I have some questions, I am almost 4 weeks out from surgery which was on 11/17. Since last Sunday a week ago, I have stalled at the same weight (up or down a couple ounces) on the same pound. I haven't changed my dietary intake, still taking my vitamins, getting plenty of protein and fluids, even yesterday hammered out 6 trips to my storage unit to empty it out in order to close it down. I'm wondering what I am doing wrong if anything or is this stall normal and if so how long does it usually last? I'm ready to shoot my scale. I'm nearly positive it's lying to me. Lol. I am trying to keep my sense of humor on this. I was on Invokana to treat pre-diabetic which has been discontinued, one of the things it does as well is acts as a diuretic on steroids, it makes lasix look like a placebo. I'm almost tempted to take one to get this stall over... Any ideas on the stall?

Laura R.
on 12/13/15 7:16 am

Your definitely in your "3 weeks stall". I had surgery on 10/5 and my stall lasted a little more than 2 weeks! It's so frustrating but it will end and when it does you'll  see steady weight loss. Give it time and put your scale away for a week or so. :) just keep moving and stick to your plan!

Shel25
on 12/13/15 7:21 am

If you haven't already, search for 3 week stall (your 4 week mark is close enough) and you will see this is normal.  Nothing is wrong!  As you suspect, the scale is a liar.  Or, more accurately, it doesn't only measure fat. 

I stopped my diuretic for blood pressure a few months into the process and loss fewer pounds that month.  A few months later, it was restarted for calcium reasons (long story) and that month I loss a few pounds less than usual.   That was all abou****er, not fat loss!

No doubt the Invokana was having a similar effect on water.  You said you were tempted to restart but I hope that was just a crazy fleeting thought (I have them all the time!) that you wouldn't really actually follow up on. 

Stay the course. 

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

ubserved
on 12/13/15 11:03 am

You are correct, I wouldn't restart them unless the doc said to. It was just a fleeting thought similar to do I run the idiot off the road who just cut me off in the fast lane and then slowed down to 55 mph or just go around him lol.

psychoticparrot
on 12/13/15 11:52 am

In an thread from yesterday, I told the poster who had a similar complaint to yours to lock her scale in the closet until she is at least six weeks post-op. Two months would be even better.

It's too early to trust your scale. You're still healing and your body is making various adjustments to accommodate your sleeve. If you're staying on your plan, you're losing fat. There's no way you can't be losing fat.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 192 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views