Uh oh!

Laura R.
on 12/18/15 2:25 pm

well I gave in and had a small price of fudge. Wrong choice, I know. I am 10 weeks post op. I can tolerate almost everything really well. But now I feel weak and shaky. Sort of like when you have low blood sugar. But I'm not diabetic not have I ever had blood sugar issues. It has to be from the fudge. Anyone have similar experience? Suggestions on how to feel better??

thanks!! 

White Dove
on 12/18/15 2:34 pm - Warren, OH

It is dumping.  Drink some water if you can and wait for it to pass.  It takes about 30 minutes for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 12/18/15 2:36 pm - Warren, OH

I just realized you are VSG so it is not dumping, probably.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ready2goNOW
on 12/18/15 5:11 pm

Hi!

I slipped up at my brother's funeral luncheon. I was a month out and ate a small portion of the chicken entree and then a cookie. I then took a taste of my husband's chocolate cake and got that shaky, kind of tight sick feeling.

I am now over 2 months out. The first 6 weeks I could eat almost anything, too. Thankfully I have been noticing I can't do that anymore...nor do I care to.

The feeling will pass. Good luck!

Kathy

Dan1962
on 12/18/15 5:14 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

You will feel better if you don't do it again.  You're system isn't used to it and psychologically you are beating yourself up.  When i was in weight loss phase I was really disciplined and it paid off.  Just move on and stick with it, you will be thrilled with the results.

psychoticparrot
on 12/18/15 5:38 pm, edited 12/18/15 9:43 am

A few months ago I drank a small-size McDonald's vanilla shake. Wrong choice, I know. That shake hit me harder than a Hellfire missile. Feeling weak and shaky was only the beginning of my misery, which I won't say more about except that it was gross and it happened in public.

When you're accustomed to eating small amounts of healthy food, there is a price to pay when you eat seemingly innocent amounts concentrated sugars and fats. The only suggestions I can offer about feeling better is to wait out the current candy mistake and don't make it again.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

ThinnerRivers
on 12/18/15 10:41 pm - San Diego, CA

Happens to me constantly! I think it's sugar dumping? When I drink something sugary it instantly hits me so bad.. Sometimes something as small as two oreos can destroy me too..! Normally I just lie down for a while, try to rest it off.. Takes me around 10 - 15 minutes..!

Just a teenager who's finally enjoying the skinny feels <3 Thanks to my sleeve done by Dr. Wilhelmy.

TD1808
on 12/19/15 7:24 pm
VSG on 01/28/16

It's none of those things. I get this constantly as a seriously fat, nearly diabetic person. It is called 'tripping your insulin' - or that's what I call it. You eat something sweet, your liver kicks into overdrive flooding your system with insulin to reuptake all that nasty sugar. Your blood sugar spiked from the sweets and plummeted afterwards. 

Don't do that.

That's the whole reason you got fat in the first place - trust me, I did too. Keep your blood sugar nice and level, eat normal foods, no sweets.

It goes away, the easiest with a nap to 'reset' things but otherwise, just eat protein, drink water, and wait.

Most Active