Who Gets Sleepy After Dinner?

diane S.
on 12/26/15 11:14 am

Hubby and I are both sleevers. We tend to eat dinner a little on the late side. Pretty much what we are supposed to eat - three ounces or so protein and some kind of veggies.  After dinner I find it almost impossible to stay awake - like I just ate a thanksgiving dinner but I didn't. So I nap on the sofa for an hour or two while hubby  watches all his contrived sci-fi programs.  gotta admit I find the programs boring which may contribute to the snooze effect. Hubby thinks I am weird.    Anybody else do this?  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

psychoticparrot
on 12/26/15 11:39 am

My husband is a napper. I am not. You've reached goal and are maintaining (I assume) your weight. Nap whenever you want to!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

happyteacher
on 12/26/15 11:44 am

I am like that if I took in a lot of sugar/carbs (>100g at a sitting). Normal dinner as described though, I am good to go. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

KathyA999
on 12/26/15 1:18 pm

Not just after dinner - after almost every meal.  Like you, my meals are VSG appropriate, and I don't remember being this sleepy after meals before surgery, even with all the carby and yucky fast-food things I used to eat. 

Luckily I'm in a position to nap for 20 minutes to an hour just about any time I want.  Old people rule, LOL!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

diane S.
on 12/26/15 3:39 pm

come to think of it, i do get a little sleepy after any meal. guess its the bigger dinner that makes me snooze. that and the boring tv shows.  and yeah i am an old lady so i can nap with impunity.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views