Stall on liquid?

LosinginAZ
on 1/11/16 6:21 am, edited 1/11/16 6:27 am

Hi all. I am on my liquid diet now, surgery on the 19th, and for the past two days I have not lost anything. It is frustrating considering I am not eating anything good :P Is this normal?

I am worries about the carbs in the sugar free popsicles. I have been eating tons of those, is that bad? 

Thank you!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

JasonC81
on 1/11/16 6:38 am, edited 1/11/16 6:55 am

Hi all. I am on my liquid diet now, surgery on the 19th, and for the past two days I have not lost anything. It is frustrating considering I am not eating anything good :P Is this normal?

I am worried about the carbs in the sugar free popsicles. I have been eating tons of those, is that bad? 

Thank you!

White Dove
on 1/11/16 7:03 am - Warren, OH

What happens is that your body is holding water so the scale does not move.  Think about purchasing a smart scale that measures body fat and water.  With my Garmin Index scale I always know how much water I am holding and can compare that to my weight.  If my weight is the same bu****er is higher than I know that I have actually lost.

Don't worry about carbs in sugarfree popsicles.  You probably consumed more salt than usual yesterday.  Broths and vegetable juices usually have a lot of sodium.

If you start tracking everything with My Fitness Pal, then you can see how much sodium you took in at the end of the day.

Start this journey with good habits for tracking your food and your body statistics.  It will be a big help and save lots of needless worry.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

LosinginAZ
on 1/11/16 7:31 am

Thank you! I havent found a broth that I can eat, to me they are all disgusting :( I do use my fitness pal although it does not like that I am eating less than 1000 calories a day :P 

Thanks for the tip about the scale, I will definitely look into it!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/16 11:12 am

You have already lost a significant amount of weight. Because of that you probably won't see the same amount of weight loss during your pre op liquid diet as many others experience. That's okay. 

It is very impressive how much weight you have lost all on your own! Congratulations! With the habits you have developed to do that, losing weight post op will be so much easier for you. 

Again, congratulations on your extraordinarily great start!!!! 

LosinginAZ
on 1/11/16 11:17 am

Thanks :) It has been 178 days (according to my fitness pal) :) I have been eating just protein and veggies, and only 1000 calories a day. I feel like it really has prepared me for surgery. I am super nervous about surgery but also excited! Thanks for the encouragement :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views