Eight weeks post-op and counting....

ubserved
on 1/12/16 4:06 pm

Seems like it was only the other day I was being wheeled into the operating room. I've hit 87 pounds lost since the pre-op diet and can't wait for the journey to continue. As a treat today, I ate half of a club sandwich being I can be back on whatever I want as of today within reason. I will enjoy the other half later tonight for dinner. 

Tink3125
on 1/12/16 6:33 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Yoohoo!!!

psychoticparrot
on 1/12/16 6:35 pm

Planned treats are the best kind, and well-earned. Congrats. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/13/16 7:07 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On January 13, 2016 at 2:35 AM Pacific Time, psychoticparrot wrote:

Planned treats are the best kind, and well-earned. Congrats. 

psychoticparrot

Disagree. Rewarding ourselves with food is a bad habit that likely contributed to obesity for many of us.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

ladygodiva1228
on 1/13/16 6:17 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On January 13, 2016 at 12:06 AM Pacific Time, ubserved wrote:

Seems like it was only the other day I was being wheeled into the operating room. I've hit 87 pounds lost since the pre-op diet and can't wait for the journey to continue. As a treat today, I ate half of a club sandwich being I can be back on whatever I want as of today within reason. I will enjoy the other half later tonight for dinner. 

Treating yourself with food is only going to set you up for disaster down the road.  Why oh why would you eat a 1/2 of club sandwich at only 8 weeks out?

Just because "I can be back on whatever I want as of today" does not mean you should be eating that crap.  Yes I called it crap.  What happens when that 1/2 of club turns into a full club along with a ton of other crappy carb filled choices?

When the weight loss stops and the gaining begins will you be one to say the surgery failed you?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

TexasTerritory
on 1/13/16 6:44 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I don't eat bread. Too many carbs.

White Dove
on 1/13/16 6:55 am - Warren, OH

I am heading for nine years out and still cannot eat whatever I want within reason.  I am addicted to sugar and carbs and the only way I could have a club sandwich would be ham, bacon, lettuce, and tomato on a plate with no bread.

Bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, noodles are not things that I could eat without regaining my weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Chanti_
on 1/16/16 9:34 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with
On January 13, 2016 at 2:55 PM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

I am heading for nine years out and still cannot eat whatever I want within reason.  I am addicted to sugar and carbs and the only way I could have a club sandwich would be ham, bacon, lettuce, and tomato on a plate with no bread.

Bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, noodles are not things that I could eat without regaining my weight.

Actually the ham, bacon and tomato wrapped in lettuce  on a plate (with a dab of mayo) sounds really appealing to me.  Yum.. 

I think that modifications to old favorites to limit carbs is not a bad way to go.  Leave the bread behind,  you still get the essentials of a club without the overload on calories and carbohydrates.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/13/16 7:41 am
RNY on 12/31/13

It's your life to miss.

I doubt you will find a single vet who has maintained past the 18 month honeymoon period, that would eat 1/2 a club sandwich.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Good luck.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/16 8:18 am

I don't want to sound harsh you are just in the early stages of weight loss. You have 18 months to lose the weight pretty quickly. I am over two years out and I wish I would have utilized my honeymoon period. The weight comes off very slowly after that time.

Eating a club sandwich should not be on your food plan. I had bread and other carbs on mine and I come to find out that protein is what we should eat first. So I tossed my plan in the trash. I know will say this is crazy but so is eating bread. 

Rewarding ourselves with food is not a good thing. I know we have to eat. Before WLS and even now people eat just because there is a funeral, wedding Super bowl. We have to retrain how we think about food. 

Emotions can totally rule our brains with food. We really have to look at what we are eating and why. 

Didn't it hurt to eat that much so soon? 

Please take what I say seriously. I am not on a soap box. As a group we really want you to do well. Think when you have told certain people that you were having surgery and they roll their eyes and say oh I know someone who had it and they gained all of their weight back.

Skip the bread next time and enjoy the meat inside the sandwich. Learning to eat right from the start of WLS will help you so much when you hit you and your doctors weight loss goal. 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views