one day post-op

betterme2014
on 1/15/16 12:55 pm - Canada

Glad you're doing better. Best wishes as you go forward!

I am getting sleeved Feb 1...so reading your original post made me smile. I'm sure I will wonder the same thing when I get there but for now...I'm still excited :)

timeforthis
on 1/15/16 1:09 pm

It gets better : )  Stay positive & excited for as long as you can : )  I am 4 days post-op & have made good progress.  The pain has diminished each day.  Today is the first day that I am getting all my liquids & protein drinks in per the surgeon's instructions, on their schedule.  I made myself take a nap today & that helped, as well.  I was not able to sleep in my bed the first couple of nights at home, so I slept sitting in a recliner, which worked really well. I did sleep in my own bed last night, but had to prop up on pillows....it wasn't the greatest, but I felt like it was progress to at least get in my bed : )  It was a very restless night, but ok.  I'm starting to feel like I can get through this : )  For some reason, I had the totally unrealistic expectation that I would pop out of my bed in recovery & be right back in my normal routine.  I'm usually super, super busy, so it's hard for me to adjust to being at home, taking care of myself......something for me to think about : )  Soo......stay excited, the painful part goes by & then you can get to know the care & feeding of your sleeve.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views