Good and Bad news

dakruskie
on 1/15/16 7:12 pm

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to update you all as far as where I am at. My final weigh-in is done for the insurance! Now I have just been told there is one last thing I need to do and that is pass a nicotine test. I was just told tonight, so after tonight, I have to become a non smoker for life. I have never been able to be successful at that unless I was pregnant, but I want this surgery as much as I wanted a healthy baby. The fact that smoking afterwards is not an option ever isn't what scares me. I take my test the 28th. I will quit smoking. Everything is to the wire now, I do not have the option to fail at this. That's the good news, surgery date will be mid-late feburary.

The bad news, I broke my ankle at work on the third of January, I've been pretty much couch bound since. This is the first time in my computer in what seems like forever. My work is denying my worker's comp, but I have hired a lawyer. Kinda  hard not having my income coming in. It's been stressful to say the least. But, the surgeon says that he can go ahead with the surgery. I just have to pass the nicotine test. I've ordered nicotine test strips from amazon. I am ready for a whole life change. I mean, yes the weight needs to come off, and might as well go whole hog and do everything I can do to do this right.

My husband and I also got a rescue dog from the shelter to be my walking buddy, and she's was doing great on the leash, well at least until I broke my ankle. Now we just play with the tennis ball for exercise for her, but we are bonding so much. I can't imagine her not in my life.

I'm excited, I'm determined, and if I admit, just a little scared. But not so scared, not to go through with this. Please send positive vibes my way, and thanks for letting me share what's going on with you, and my excitement.

Dawn

ubserved
on 1/15/16 9:10 pm

Get your state labor board involved as well. That will put some heat under your now former employer.

dakruskie
on 1/17/16 2:51 pm

Thank you for the advice, and I am. I am meeting a lawyer on Monday, keeping fingers crossed!

Dawn

Lots2gainbylosing808
on 1/15/16 10:15 pm, edited 1/15/16 2:14 pm

I had to quit smoking too. You can do it!!! I am 8 weeks post-op, no nicotine cravings, and have lost 50 pounds thus far. I wish you luck!!

dakruskie
on 1/17/16 2:52 pm

Thank you for the encouragement, finding the cravings insistent, but I want this more! Congrats on the 50lbs!!

Bufflehead
on 1/16/16 3:47 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

You have such a great attitude! I am sure you will do fantastic. And good for you for adopting a shelter dog. My dog died last spring -- she was my walking, and then running, buddy throughout my weight loss. I still miss her, but I think I'm going to be ready to adopt another dog a little later in the year.

Good luck and keep us all posted

dakruskie
on 1/17/16 2:59 pm

thank you dear! My dog is named Mitzy, she's a lab/German Shepard mix. I'm sorry to hear about your dog. They take a part of our hearts with them, but at least they leave part of theirs with us. I hope you find a new friend this year, maybe we can exchange our pet kids' photos later on this year. :)

TeashaLorna
on 1/16/16 4:05 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Sending positive mojo your way!  You sound like you have thought about this, want this and are committed.  Good for you!  You got this!

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

dakruskie
on 1/17/16 3:00 pm

Thank you!

zann50
on 1/17/16 4:48 am

Wishing you a full recovery with the injury....you will need to walk post-op to the relieve the gas from surgery.  It is great that you are motivated!!

My question might be a dumb one, it won't be my first and here and there is always someone to correct anything that may be non-factual.  So, if one is on a nicotine patch, will blood test be positive for nicotine even though it is not from using cigarettes?

May you have a successful journey:-)

Zann

VGS- 2015

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views