Undereating...

Aleyna1228
on 1/20/16 9:42 am

I have seen it talked about my so many of the vets on here that we should learn to undereat our sleeves.  My question is for those of you that do undereat your sleeve did you start doing this right away?  I am almost 4 months out and can still only get about 1.5 - 2 ounces in at a time and sometimes can manage an entire greek yogurt.  I can't imagine trying to eat less right now and still meet my protein goal without adding another shake.  Anyway just thought I would ask if this is something you started practicing right away or if it's more something you did once the restriction wasn't there as much?

Hope you all are having a terrific day!

Aleyna

Age- 35 | 5'4" | Surgery VSG - 9/21/15

Highest/Consult- 250 | Surgery- 235 | Current- 143 | Goal- 145 |

| M1-22 | M2-10 | M3-13 | M4-13 | M5-13 | M6-10| M7 - 8| M8- 3| Total Lost - 107|

Reached goal in 7 months 1 week and now maintaining!

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/16 10:07 am

The idea of under eating your sleeve is not to under nourish yourself, but rather to preserve your restriction long term. The idea is to eat slowly and mindfully until satisfied, not until feeling full (having a pressure exerted on the sleeve from too much food). You can do this from the get go. However, as you get farther out from surgery this strategy of eating becomes more important. 

There are times during the first year that your capacity will naturally increase. When you are about a year to 18 months out from surgery you will have what will most likely be your final capacity. By eating just under your capacity you will preserve the restriction and size of your new stomach and minimize your sleeve's mature size. That's the theory as I understand it.  

Hope that makes sense. 

frisco
on 1/20/16 10:37 am

Beautiful....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Aleyna1228
on 1/20/16 1:45 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I always look forward to your posts. Your knowledge and experiences are a tremendous help to me on this journey!

Age- 35 | 5'4" | Surgery VSG - 9/21/15

Highest/Consult- 250 | Surgery- 235 | Current- 143 | Goal- 145 |

| M1-22 | M2-10 | M3-13 | M4-13 | M5-13 | M6-10| M7 - 8| M8- 3| Total Lost - 107|

Reached goal in 7 months 1 week and now maintaining!

Most Active