Skinny European here - sleeve one week ago

Skinnyeuropean
on 1/16/16 9:07 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

Dear all - I am European and had my surgery only last week.

My weight may not seem that problematic, however I had to realize this could not be done on my own...so I reached out for help...when my GP mentioned I ought to lose between 20 and 25 kilograms I went on a search for better methods than I already knew (I have been pretty successful with weight loss pills and protein diets in the past).

For the first time in ny life, the thought of surgery came to my mind. Because if the retention.

I chose to share this with friends - they have been understanding and supportive byt also extremely judging. In this part of the world I guess none of them know of anyone who have had this type if surgery done...

I will not tell my employer and probably not my old mother either.

Voluptuous
on 1/17/16 10:14 am
VSG on 01/06/16

Welcome, I am also new to the group and also only one week post surgery. I have been big my entire life and have a great group of family support and friends that support me.  This is an emotional time for you and try to associate yourself with those that are emotionally supportive.

Spencerella
on 1/17/16 10:15 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Welcome!  It's great that you now have a fighting chance to keep the weight off. I had successfully lost the weight several times prior too but after surgery I'm being much more successful with keeping it off. Take care. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

dakruskie
on 1/17/16 3:16 pm

Congrats, and I hope that you find that support here!

betterme2014
on 1/17/16 8:45 pm, edited 1/17/16 12:47 pm - Canada

welcome. I'm newer here too. Surgery in 2 weeks. Just remember this is your journey...not judging friends. You make the best of it :) best wishes to you