Liquid omeprazole?

LosinginAZ
on 1/23/16 9:31 am

My stomach cannot tolerate ground out prilosec. It is disgusting. Does anyone take it in liquid form? Can I buy it over the counter?  

I am having trouble getting down any of my meds crushed up, the taste is insane. I have mixed with pudding, yogur****er, etc. And it still makes me vomit every time. My doctor says I have to crush them up for 3 months. Is every medicine available in liquid form? Thanks! 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

MAchick
on 1/23/16 9:54 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I took liquid ranitadine until I could tolerate my Omeprazole pills being swallowed. 

bubbyjane
on 1/24/16 1:29 pm
VSG on 01/20/16

My doctor told me to take Nexium for 3 months.  She gave me a prescription for a powder that you mix with 1 ****er.  It has kind of a vanilla taste. Not terrible.  I get it down in the morning.  I also take a chewable berry flavored multi w/iron, and a tiny sublingual B12.  They are all ok, and go down ok.  I bought liquid Tylenol in case I need it and I took it once.  I think most medications are available either in liquid or powder form.  Ask your doctor.

psychoticparrot
on 1/24/16 2:01 pm

Call your surgeon to find out which of your meds you can get in liquid form. Some of your meds may be able to be suspended for a short time until you're able to swallow pills again.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Tracasa
on 1/25/16 8:45 pm

I don't know about liquid but I was Prevacid 30mg that dissolved right on tongue! 

LosinginAZ
on 1/25/16 8:51 pm

Did you buy that otc?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views