For those who struggle, and are stuck. . you can do it!

rissa1224
on 1/25/16 9:37 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Not sure *****ad my previous post of basically saying 'wah wah I gained a lot'. I did gain. I knew what was happening. Life had me wrapped up. Not using it as an excuse. I have no excuse. Its all me. I got this. (BTW, I am down 3lbs even while being snowed in all weekend, I stuck to my eating the right way)

Well don't lose hope. Literally cut back those damn carbs people. Portion size. Etc. What you read, study, and learn in the beginning is all how life is going to be. If you slip you will gain. Just because you had most of your stomach cut out, doesn't mean its a given. Nothing in life comes easy. This is still the best journey of my entire life. It has changed so much in the past 3 years. Give yourself a week (and tough it out the first few days of no carbs - except the good carbs as we should be eating) and I promise you will see those results you are waiting for.

Pinterest is life. For those of you who are stuck on recipes, pinterest! I swear by it.

You can do it!

acbbrown
on 1/25/16 10:13 am - Granada Hills, CA

Glad things are going well. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

rissa1224
on 1/25/16 10:47 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Thanks, hope things are well on your end also!

acbbrown
on 1/25/16 11:56 am - Granada Hills, CA

I'm feeling totally in control of my eating and down 23 lbs. it's amazing. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

rissa1224
on 1/25/16 12:01 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

That is fantastic!! I feel more  control when I make my own food and prep it and have it with me all day. Work days are so much easier. I only bring with me my meals and snacks. We have snacks at work but they're Nature Valley bars and such. I stay away although of course the temptation is there sometimes. Kudos and keep it up! Proud of you, I know how it is to struggle.

rocky513
on 1/25/16 10:37 am - WI

Do you know what I appreciate about this post?  Your honesty and the fact that you realize that YOU are in control of what you eat.  You are solely responsible for any re-gain.  It's all about what you choose to put in your mouth. You make no excuses. You don't blame an injury or medication for re-gain. 

Those of us who have lived the WLS life for a long time, and know how difficult maintaining is,  come off as "being mean" or being "know it all" when we try to warn people about eating sandwiches or tacos as soon as they reach the solid food stage.  We get the brunt of someone's anger when we try to tell them that you can not accurately eyeball portion sizes.  You MUST measure your food.  Some of us may need to measure our food for the rest of our lives.  Obese people DO NOT have a realistic view on what  portion size looks like.  If we did, we would not have needed surgery.  The re-gain struggle is real and changing the way you relate to food is the ONLY way to succeed.  

Good for you for taking charge!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

rissa1224
on 1/25/16 10:46 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

My co worker and I say this all the time - we wish with WLS they also did a Lobotomy. Sometimes its in our minds. Our minds tell us we are hungry or we need to eat a snack but in reality we don't! It's a mind game at times. It's a daily, hourly struggle. It's hard for most to admit, but its US who control what we eat. It's like the devil stands on your shoulder and is like, just take a bite of this (whatever it is) no biggie. BUT it is a biggie.

It isn't necessary when a patient is 'mean', they may not mean to be. Sometimes its the way they word things to others. People are sensitive, we get it. I don't measure my food at all, but I use tiny containers to where I know it works for me (obviously since I have lost). I have used them in the way beginning to know they are the right size for weighed portion controls. Tiny containers are life savers. If you measure out something, and put it in a big container, you might be like 'hmm, I can add another spoonful'. NO YOU CANT.

Thank you ;)

Spencerella
on 1/25/16 10:46 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Truth!  Good for you Rissa!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Grim_Traveller
on 1/25/16 11:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Great post. Fantastic attitude.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/16 1:00 pm

I love your honesty! I feel the exact same way. The regain I had was completely on me. It was all about what I put in my mouth. I knew what was happening. I'm down 25 since I started eating clean again. Me, I can handle some flour, the sugar not so much! You're absolutely right - we can do it. I never lost hope that I could - I think that's super important, too.