Pre-Op Diet

healthymekg
on 1/25/16 10:47 am

Can anyone give me their schedule of what they did during their Pre-Op Diet.  I know it should be pretty simple, but I am struggling.  I'm still hungry! 

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 1/25/16 11:42 am
VSG on 01/11/16

My pre op was 100g of protein a day.. I wasn't allowed any milk or dairy during my pre-op, only clear drinks/broths and protein drinks.  I'd make a protein shake using a premier shake and a scoop of powder (50g) twice a day and split it up so i was getting at least 4 oz of protein every four hours. Then warm chicken, beef or wonton broth. It was difficult until about the 4/5 day.. I napped often those first few days.. lol

9-10 am, 4 oz protein (25g protein)

1-2 pm, 4 oz protein (25g protein)

5-6 pm, 4 oz protein (25g protein)

9-10 pm, 4 oz protein  (25g protein)

Broth or sf jello as I wanted in between.. good luck!

LosinginAZ
on 1/25/16 11:59 am

My pre op diet was 3 to 4 protein shakes a day,  unlimited sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles and broth. I would take two popsicles, break them up and put them in a bowl and eat them with a spoon. This made it more like food. For the first week I also could have 6 ounces of lean protein for dinner.  The second week I could not. 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

ubserved
on 1/25/16 12:54 pm

I was on a pre-op diet for 12 days, was supposed to be 14 days but they moved my surgery back two days so it ended up being only 12. I was on my protein shakes, 4-5 a day. I drank my zero calorie sobe lifewaters and I could have as much sugar free jello as I wanted, if I never eat jello again, let alone see it I will be a very happy camper. That said, it's what made the difference. It could eat as much of it as I wanted to give me a full feeling which made it easier. Once I was on around day 5 of the pre-op diet, it was like a switch was flipped and became a lot easier, I am assuming that was when I made it past the carb withdraw stage. I was impressed by the results, in 12 days I lost 30 pounds. Good luck and hang in there.

sds0029
on 1/25/16 4:21 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I wish you the best.  For me my head was ready for change.  My preop was   13 days protein shakes for meal but allowed one lean mean a day.  Lean meal being 4 oz lean meat and 2 cups of vegetables, no carbs, soda or alcohol.  The day before surgery only liquids.  It was a good diet and got to eat.   I lost 15 lbs and after surgery followed doctors plan.  I am a year and a week out and as of today 107.2 lbs lost.  Follow the rules and exercise.  You got this