Downton Abbey - watch for spoilers...

shery11ynn
on 2/1/16 8:36 am

I'm not medically educated, so when I see or hear something that brings thing together for me, I get excited! 

When Lord Grantham had his episode at the dinner table during last night's episode, truly thought he was a goner. Later in the episode it was said that he had a gasectromy. I got all excited because I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! I also understood why they did it, how it would help, and what he would go through for recovery. Of course it would have been an open surgery, and they probably didn't have all the meds we have now... But it made sense to me!

I'm probably silly for getting all excited about it, but that's just me I guess. :)

Sheryl

Grim_Traveller
on 2/1/16 11:53 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It was like a scene from a Quentin Tarantino movie!

In a later episode, watch for the difference between anemia and pernicious anemia.

I've seen all the episodes, but won-t give anything away.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

shery11ynn
on 2/1/16 12:59 pm

Haha, I read an article this morning comparing it to the gore in Game of Thrones! I am not sure it was quite that bloody, but it sure was a surprise.

Someone today let me borrow the DVDs for season six, so I won't be in the dark for much longer. :)

jenorama
on 2/1/16 1:25 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Ooh girl!  We binge watched too on iTunes when the DVD came out last Tuesday.  I have my own ideas about what was occurring with the anemia thing.  

I read an article about that scene and they actually filmed that at Highclere Castle and went through a lot of practice in a mock up to make sure they weren't going to damage anything at the castle, but when it came time to film, the whole crew was shocked with how powerfully Hugh Bonneville could spit.  In the practice runs, none of the "blood" ever hit Cora, but it did during the first take and that's the one they ended up using.

Also, why Cason gotta turn into a jerk as soon as he gets married?

Jen

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 209 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 293 views