Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday

Hkinzfnp
on 2/6/16 4:32 pm

I've missed this post!!

B: vanilla protein shake with 1/2 cup of frozen fruit/baby spinach in the Magic Bullet

S: cheese stick

L: ricotta baked chicken (made a batch and individually portioned so I have work meals for the weekend and next week)

S: Chocolate chip cookie someone made at work (oops!)

D: one egg on top of half a bagel thin.

Water and vitamins: on track

E: day off today but elliptical tomorrow.

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/6/16 6:27 pm, edited 2/6/16 10:29 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I love these posts.. seeing what others are eating 

Nothing too exciting here, I'm on semi soft foods for 12 more days

B: java pro (caramel)

L: picked egg yolk and cottage cheese concoction - 1/4 cup

D: healthwise cream of tomato soup with a teaspoon of ricotta cheese

S: apple cinnamon spice tea with vanilla premier for creamer

V: all done

W: 65+ oz

E: just some walking

Neesie57
on 2/6/16 10:49 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My hubby took me to the beach for my birthday this morning and it was wonderful.  We walked for more than 5 miles at the beach, then had lunch at the Beachcomber restaurant, which is right on the beach.

B: chocolate Premier Protein shake

S: boiled egg

L: Mini ahi tuna taco, one steak spring roll

D: Lamb with sautéed veggies, one small piece of bread

S: raspberries

V: done

W: very good

E: 15,000 steps after our walk

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Kathy2852
on 2/7/16 5:49 am - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

First, Happy Birthday!  I see you are about 6 months out. I love Premier protein drink!  My question is, how much of it do you drink for breakfast?  I am pre-revision and now I have an entire container with frozen strawberries in the blender for breakfast. Can you drink all of that at 6 months?

Neesie57
on 2/9/16 2:01 pm, edited 2/9/16 6:01 am
VSG on 08/04/15

Hi Kathy, Thank you for the birthday wishes.  It was truly a great day.

I drink the whole pre-made shake for breakfast, but I don't add any fruit to it.  My hubby and I both grab one on the way to the car when we're going for a hike, and we drink it on the way to our destination.  We also grab a couple of boiled eggs or string cheese to snack on while on our walk.  

At the end of the walk we almost always stop for a good protein lunch, with plenty of iced tea to drink. At six months out, I can eat 2-3 ounces of protein at each meal, with a couple of bites of veggies as well.  I'm still eating between 600-700 calories a day, and don't feel deprived at all.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

bubbyjane
on 2/7/16 8:13 am
VSG on 01/20/16

I am very frustrated.  Maybe some of you can help.  I am a little under 3 weeks post op.  I had the sleeve.  I am still in the puree diet stage. I am very careful.  Usually I have 1 egg for breakfast either scrambled or hardboiled.  Lunch is 2 oz baked salmon and dinner is 2 oz ground beef. I have 1 snack of 1 low fat string cheese.  I try to get the water/clear liquids in but usually only get 30-40 oz. a day.  I feel like I should be losing a ton of weight and I am not.  Actually I am very constipated and only lose weight after I take milk of magnesia and go to the bathroom, and then I lose about 1 pound.  Something is not right.  Help!!!

Jbags58
on 2/7/16 11:20 am - Stockton, CA

Definitely talk to your doctor....but as what us old timers call ourselves at 12 years out an OG. LOL  I had the Gastric Bypass RNY. The sleeve wasn't around back then...and I struggled with the same ting...I drank lots of water, worked out like crazy and even worked with a trainer...I never got down to a low weight for a  5'2" woman....but it's all good...because I still lost 125 pounds and felt human again!

Keep changing up, talk to your doctor, a bariatric nutritionist etc...if you are constipated, you are probably eating alot of protien and not enough vegetables and fruits...But then im no doctor...so CHECK with him!  I just wanted to say that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and remember too....the longer it takes to come off, the better chance you have of KEEPING IT OFF!  DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN!

Follow up with a professional and see what you can do because I really dont know how the VSG works.  That's why I am here...doing some research for my dad.

GOOD LUCK and BE PATIENT! YOU WILL GET THERE!  That's one thing I had to STOP doing was comparing my weightloss journey to others. NO two will ever be the same!! Hang in there!!

Much Luck!  Julie :)

~~ Julie ~~

bubbyjane
on 2/7/16 11:31 am
VSG on 01/20/16

Thanks for the encouragement.  I do walk, though not enough, but you would think with how little I'm eating the weight should come off without that much exercise.  I walk over 5,000 steps a day at work.  I did send my nutritionist an email and I'm sure she will get back to me after she looks at my file tomorrow.  She's great!  I understand about the high protein vs the veggies and fruit, but she told me to eat mostly protein. That for every 2 oz protein I can have 1 oz veggies. And, I'm still at the puree the food stage.  Going shopping.....gonna try to get some beans and make a beans and chicken dish that I can mash up.  Maybe will some tomato sauce or salsa.  

I'm really not comparing myself to others, I just thought the weight would come off faster.  But you are right.  The slower it comes off the better chance of keeping it off.  I am sooooooo happy I had the surgery.  

Thanks again.

Jane

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 1:14 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Miss Jane, sorry you are having bathroom problems and not losing the weight as fast as you want. Let me tell you though, you need more water, like 64 oz or more a day. I can tell you with much certainty that is a huge part of your problem. When I upped my water I became less constipated and I started losing faster. It's hard I know. But you just have to sip all the time, drink water like you're getting paid to do it. I just make myself hold a drink in my hand to remind myself if I have to. Get a container, a water cup or bottle that you like the size of, figure out how many ounces it is and challenge yourself to drink a certain number of cup/bottle in a day. For example I have a mason jar type cup with a lid and straw that I know holds 16 oz it's my goal to drink minimum 4 a day (which is 64 oz) but I strive for 5 or 6. Find a water add in (like mio or crystal lite) if you need to to motivate you to drink more. I personally gag on plain water and feel sick from it (not sure why) so I add mio or crystal lite or sometimes just fresh lemon or lime squeezed in to make it palatable. Water is not only great for losing weight and helping your tummy but it helps release toxins from your liver/kidneys also it can help clear up skin issues and brighten the white part of your eyes. You can do this! :) 

bubbyjane
on 2/7/16 4:13 pm
VSG on 01/20/16

Thanks for the great advice.  I know I need to drink more water.  It is so hard to get it in.  I like water and bring 16.9 oz water bottles to work with me.  I should be drinking 4 a day.  Sometimes I add lemon or lime or mio (I like it but hate the artificial taste).  They say don't drink 20 min. before you eat and 20 min. after.  Well that limits some of the drinking time.  Also, if I sip too much at a time, it starts to hurt going down.  I also drink some clear liquids like tea and vegetable stock, so I do count that as well, but still, I know I have to try harder to get it in.

Thanks again.  I am motivated and going to really try hard this week.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 6 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 6 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 190 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 277 views