Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 6:28 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Depends on your dietitian/Nutritionalist but I was told my hot tea counts because it's water obviously just something (a tea bag) was steeped in it. I understand the water pain, because I get it when I drink too fast. And I definitely understand not drinking around meals limits you. A trick I use is when I'm done eating for the night (usually 8 to 9 pm I'm a late night person) I focus on getting water 30 minutes after that last meal until midnight. Then because I am up until 4 am (really a night person lol) I will drink from midnight to 4 am like crazy and then it's just peppered through the day. I have faith you can do it. Believe in yourself (even if that's cheesy) because what you believe you can achieve! :)

bubbyjane
on 2/7/16 6:58 pm
VSG on 01/20/16

Thanks.  Right.  I count herbal tea and veggie broth towards my 64 oz.  I'm going to have to start carrying a water bottle around with me at work.  I don't have a desk job, so I'm on my feet walking around most of the day.  I also work an intense, long day, so I've been trying to go to sleep early.  I used to be a really late night person, not 4 am, but for sure midnight to 2 am.  But, I'm up at 5:45am, out the door at 6:45am and I don't get home till around 6pm.  So, I've been trying to turn my light off around 10:30-11pm.  I also must have my one cup of coffee in the morning.  I know that does not count towards my 64 oz.  I brew an 11 oz travel mug, but I barely get through half of it right now.  I love coffee, and I sip it while driving to work.  I eat dinner around 7pm, so if I start drinking more by 7:30 I should be able to get it all in.  I am in this for the long haul and I am very determined.  So I will get those liquids in.

Thanks again.

Oneillch
on 2/13/16 3:23 pm, edited 2/13/16 7:25 am
VSG on 02/04/15

Try a daily dose of Miralax along with your 64 oz of fluid, it works wonders. It's one of those "insider tricks" I've learned from reading this site. 

As for coffee, my nutritionist said I could count it as part of my daily liquids because the caffine isn't as much of a diurectic once thought. Read the literature available on a site such as webmd. 

Just persevere and you will be there. 

What did I eat today......

B- Eggwhite omlette made with zucchini, mushrooms, onion, cheese & ham. 

L - Leftover duck breast & 1/3 cup salad with 1 tsp dressing.

D - Seafood medely sauteed in olive oil, LOL light butter & a hint of mainara sauce served over sauteed zoodles.

S1- Pork Rinds/1 cup broth

S2 - ?...1/2 cup of goldfish or some berries with sf coolwhip

Kathy2852
on 2/15/16 7:30 am - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

What is a zoodle, please?

Oneillch
on 2/16/16 6:40 pm, edited 2/16/16 10:38 am
VSG on 02/04/15

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I was travelling.

Zoodles are zucchini "noodles." They're made with a Vegetti ($14.95 @ Bed, Bath & Beyond & some grocery stores) or a Spiralizer or even with a vegetable peeler (for ribbon-like strips) that you sauté and use just like you would with pasta.