Home from the Hospital!

KatnMac
on 2/17/16 1:32 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

The surgery went great! But the hernia was a bit more than he anticipated, but that was fixed as well.

Felt terrific when I could hit the pain button. But now I'm on pills every 4 hours, and I can feel the pain. I'm hoping it gets better soon!

have been doing tons of walking, even the first night. Walking seems to make it feel the best. And boy, talk about gas. If I could just have one huge burp, I'd feel so much better!

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/16 1:58 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

When you pass gas for the first time (whether a burp or a toot lol) it feels so good. I was home for 2 days before passing gas and when I finally did I wanted to cry it felt so good and then for awhile I couldn't stop (kind of gross lol) but then it subsided and felt so much better. I am glad you are home and surgery was great. Take it easy and rest all you can. Focus on clear fluids protein will come in time. Also if I were you because the pills have to break down in your tummy, I'd take them at 3.5 hours out so you don' t have that gap of being in pain because once you're in pain it's harder to control then just keeping yourself consistently pain free for a few days, but that's just me and I am not a doctor. I hope you feel glorious about changing your life! 

KatnMac
on 2/17/16 7:13 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

I'm pretty proud of myself, just as I think we all should be! It's so hard to believe that after all these months of planning, I'm sitting here recouperating!

JudithJohnson
on 2/18/16 5:09 am
VSG on 12/03/15

Welcome to the loser's bench! Only good things from here on out! Walking helps with the gas, and in my case, bouncing a little bit with a belly against my pillow on my bed or fitness ball helped me get the gas out as well. Keep us posted on the progress!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

ds123
on 2/19/16 10:53 am

Glad you're home and on your way to a new you! I'm still so nervous about making this decision so seeing you and others on the other side is very reassuring. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/16 11:24 am - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

Hi !! So glad you did well and are doing well. My post op day 2 was horrible. Nausea has pain ugh. So I only started to advance today w diet but I get easily nausea so they have me on regular and zofran every 4-6 hrs. Transitioned to liquid Roxicet for pain. I had a popsicle!! That was like heaven. Can't start protein shakes yet ... so that is ok.. slow and steady. My hospital stay has been amazing due to the staff. They ate se ding me home with Omeprazole for acid reducer, Roxicet for pain, another med to prevent gallstones,  and lovenox because of my past history of pulmonary embolism. Can't wait to get home.. but I rather be here until I know I am not gonna be sick. The gas pain has been the worst .. passing gas was a celebratory event lol. So take it easy.m follow the plan to a T. Hang in there ..hardest part is over ...yay us