More of the Instant pot love

alouisa63
on 2/24/16 10:59 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

This was posted on our local (WXYZ) news station's facebook page!

http://www.simplemost.com/5-reasons-instant-pot-replace-slow -cooker/?source=WXYZ&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral &utm_campaign=WXYZ

And... I seem to make lots of yogurt (LOVE IT!!!) and found a new favorite treat!!!

2 cups greek yogurt (I use 2%)

1 pkg SF pudding

Stir in the SF pudding, stirring well between each addition.  This keeps it from getting grainy but you have to work sort of fast since the yogurt will get stiff.  this will make 4 1/2 cup servings with a MFP rating of 110 calories and about 12 grams of protein.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

happyteacher
on 2/24/16 1:57 pm

Just read it- I think they missed a couple of important reasons why it is loved!

1. Yogurt, as you mentioned (but you need the 7+1 model for anyone considering this)
  2. No babysitting- set the button and walk away. It keeps it warm if you can't get back to it. 
  3. Beans- so much better and faster than any other method out there IMHO. You go from dried beans to eating it in under an hour. No presoaking needed!

I have used it so much that my daughter tonight looks at it and says, "Are you going to put something that tonight because I don't know how to use it yet and I am hungry?"  Pretty funny because she totally skipped the microwave and stove option. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 333 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 383 views