DAY 3 PRE OP DIET/LIQUIDS

BeautifulMe84
on 2/27/16 4:04 am
VSG on 03/10/16

So today marks my 3rd day on all clear liquids pre op diet and I am HUNGRY!! My husband was sleeved on Feb 4th, 2016 and he went through all this already so he has been extra supportive with helping me stay on track. I have to keep telling myself that this is only temporary and this too shall pass and I will be smaller and healthier because of my hard work. I'm sure I am not the only one here that is having a hard time staying away from food in this phase of the journey. I have 11 more days of this.

White Dove
on 2/27/16 5:32 am - Warren, OH

Day three is the hardest.  Hunger should go down after today.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

BeautifulMe84
on 2/27/16 5:35 am
VSG on 03/10/16

I really hope so....The headaches are terrible and every commercial on TV has food in them!! Going a bit crazy but I am trying real hard to stay on track.

White Dove
on 2/27/16 5:38 am - Warren, OH

Go window shopping for cute outfits and swimsuits in small sizes.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

cappy11448
on 2/27/16 7:28 am

I found the pre-op liquid diet the hardest part of the whole process.  Hang in there and keep your eye on the prize.  It will be so worth it when the pounds start burning off, and you get healthier and have more energy.  I know its hard, but you can do it! 

Best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Wildagain2016
on 2/27/16 8:30 am
VSG on 01/25/16

Hi Beautiful- I am only about one month postop....but already I am so glad I have my sleeve!  If you can make it through this very short time frame....you can begin your new life (without that obnoxious hunger gnawing at you!). We are STRONG!  We have lived fat in a skinny world for years....so we can do anything for 10 days!  Hang in there!   Give yourself permission to look at and long for gorgeous skinny clothes and imagine yourself in those!  I just started doing that now!  And I'm having a blast!  A silk blouse?  A pencil skirt?  A business suit with a tucked in waist?  I can't wait!!   Hang in there (& get up and out of the room when the food commercials come on! ). Keep your eye on the prize!  You can do this!!

BeautifulMe84
on 2/27/16 8:35 am
VSG on 03/10/16

Thank you ladies for the support!! It means a lot to know people have gone through this already and have been successful. I will definitely keep my eye on the prize and work through my hunger!

animallover1247
on 2/27/16 8:54 am

I'm with ya girl! My situation is a bit different than yours though. I only had two days of a pre op diet and honestly, it was not that bad. I only got hungry a few times. My problem now is post op. I am starving, famished about all of my waking hours. I did not expect to be dealing with this and it has been VERY, VERY difficult, espeically having to be around food. I feel like if I wouldn't die from it, I would eat an entire pizza!  I have never gotten full on any liquid or protein. I am miserable. I am trying to get through this and hopefully once I start eating food, I won't have to deal with this. I still have a week left to deal with this. I hope after surgery you won't have any hunger to deal with, I think most people don't. I must be one of the lucky ones! :( :(

BeautifulMe84
on 2/27/16 9:45 am
VSG on 03/10/16

ANIMAL LOVER...Sorry to hear your still dealing with hunger...it really isn't a good feeling at all. My husband was sleeved earlier this month and he is rarely ever hungry...I'm hoping for the same outcome! I too wish I could eat an entire pizza!! You hang in there though and I am pretty sure your hunger will subside as time goes on...My husband is almost a month out now and he is doing ok...it maybe be just same acid or gas causing your hunger only being 2 days out. Good luck on your journey!

animallover1247
on 2/28/16 8:20 pm

I actually think it is acid but my surgeon said no its not. At my preop visit he said the acid should be gone. What? The sleeve is notorious for making acid worse. I am on Nexium 40 mg and have been for about 15 years. I don't think the acid is being controlled since surgery. Today I am 2 weeks post op and it has not gotten better at all. I am trying to hold on but it's difficult! I hope you do not have this issue after surgery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views