resleeved

tabrielle10
on 2/28/16 4:07 pm

Hi, Im from New Orleans La, I would like to know if anyone here know of a physician that does resleeves with patients that have united healthcare community plan.  I was sleeved as a stand alone in 2011 and I believe Ive gained about 60 lbs back. I need some help, can someone direct me in the right direction? thanks

acbbrown
on 2/28/16 4:11 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Do you think you've tried and exhausted all other methods? Re-sleeve is very risky - and unless you honestly acknowledge and change the reasons for the regain - you will be no more successful with another surgery. I don't mean to sound harsh but this is serious business. I personally regained 70+ lbs and have been able, through serious physical mental and emotional changes to lose 40 lbs and counting at this point. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

2breakfree
on 2/29/16 8:06 am - NC

Hi, I totally understand and was thinking the same thing. No one ever said anything about needing a revision on this website. I have heard of plenty of people who unfortunately have gained their weight back even with the RNY. I do know this was and continues to be a tool not a guarantee. I also know that my sleeve still works at times, I still get frothy at times and pain with over eating; however I have also learned that if I eat a cookie or another slider food the pain goes away. Which is horribly WRONG !!!. I am at my highest weight since 12/11 also at 186. I am sad and frustrated with myself.  I am interested in hearing about the possibility of a revision.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change and the courage to change the things I can. Above all the wisdom to know the difference    
bytheriver
on 3/9/16 4:40 pm - Puerto Rico

I'm on the same boat, I have regained 35 lbs. I am going to get back on track, we have to make ourselves accountable, get up and work at it. We have the tool. Get all those carbs out of your life, get your protein, your water, and do your exercise. We can do this, we did once, we can do it, again.

LngRedRose
on 2/29/16 11:18 am

I have found my best resources for finding physicians to do certain procedures is to google it.  I know there is a doc in Dallas that does re-sleeve.  Maybe even one in Lafayette, La?

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

tabrielle10
on 2/29/16 11:40 am

Wow, would you happen to have the physicians name in Lafayette

? my daughter lives there and i can easily rest up by her. but I have United health community care insurance. would you happen to  know if they accept this insurance?

happyteacher
on 2/29/16 1:12 pm

I encourage you to carefully consider this. I made it to goal, and stayed there up until this past summer. Put a bit on (5 or so above goal), but found out that nearly my entire stomach has herniated. The hiatel hernia was originally repaired when I was sleeved. The CT and GI showed that the sleeve was mishapen, so the surgeon and I discussed the possibility of tightening it up. He was very clear that it was high risk (just the hernia repair, not to mention the tightening on the sleeve). Ended up once he put the stomach back where it belonged it resumed a normal sleeve shape, so no resleeve... but even with that I am still not right. If I had to guess it feels like the hernia is an issue again. Long story short- it is a journey fraught with risk and absolutely no guarentees. I would gently sugges that you research a DS, since the sleeve is step one of that procedure and I believe there would be less risk involved and a stronger final surgery result. That one has the best stats of the bunch, but also requires a lot more supplementing. Research carefully. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Laura in Texas
on 2/29/16 3:27 pm

If you cannot find anyone near you, Dr. Alvarez in Mexico resleeves. He is an excellent surgeon. HERE is his website.

If you do this, I hope you also find a therapist to talk to so that this surgery is successful for you.

Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

tabrielle10
on 2/29/16 4:30 pm

Thank you. Do you know if he excepts medicaid?

PaulaToronto
on 3/2/16 11:56 am, edited 3/2/16 4:08 am - Toronto, Canada

I too had the sleeve in 2011 and had regain.  You have to really explore why you have regained and fix those issues first.  If you go back to dense protein and veg and lower your calories your sleeve will work again and you will lose weight.

A lot of people who get a second surgery (I don't know anyone who got resleeved unless the original doctor was negligent and made an improper sleeve) add the intestinal potion of a DS.  Because the sleeve is done at an earlier time the synergy of the DS is not as strong and some have been disappointed with the weight loss.  It is not a miracle - you still have to work your program for life.

I will be frank and say unless you have done everything, and I mean everything to restart your loss and have stuck to it for a good while, gone to therapy to find out why you go to food, explore what you are eating now and how often, return to your diet basics, additional surgery is not your problem.

Who was your original doctor and have you had your sleeve scanned to see how it looks?

Just FYI, after 2 years of fighting to eat like a normal person I have accepted that I binge, eat in emotional situations and have a food addiction.  I am abstaining from ALL of my triggers (no cheating) and have started OA.  My cravings are gone, my satiety is there with less food, I am not bingeing.  I have lost 15 pounds since XMas and am very happy.   I went back to Frisco's mantra posted just a few up or down from this post on the pyloric valve and eat dense protein first and if there is room some veg. I started with 3 ounces of protein and am now down to 2.5 and that gets me just to place where I am satisfied but not really full.  I limit my fruit because I binge on certain fruit and I don't eat seeds and nuts as I abuse them.  I take it a day at a time.  I weigh and measure everything and write it down to stay accountable.  I do limited exercise due to med issues but will tell you that food is at least 80% of the formula.

If you need help restarting post a few days worth of food so we can help you out.  

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 86 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views