Sleeved 3 weeks ago

healthymekg
on 3/1/16 6:22 am

Hi everyone!  I was sleeved 3 weeks ago yesterday.  Can someone give me an idea what they eat in a day at this point?  I'm just wondering if I am eating enough or too much etc.  THANKS!!! :) 

cappy11448
on 3/1/16 6:53 am

At three week out, I was eating full liquids.  I relied heavily on chicken broth with protein powder, as I couldn't tolerate sweet drinks.  I'd have cream of broccoli soup, and cream of other veggie soups.  I ate a lot of plain greek yogurt with artificial sweetener.  Puddings and jellos, etc.  I'd put protein powder in anything I could stir! 

In the next phase (I think week 5), I added things like deli meats and cheeses,  ricotta cheese and cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, tuna with mayo, sea scallops, and other soft proteins. 

In terms of quantity,  I could only eat an ounce or so of anything.  I'd have one sea scallop and be full!  I'd suggest under-eating your sleeve as its hard to tell when you are full early out.

Best of luck. 

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

healthymekg
on 3/1/16 7:09 am

I'm eating purred foods right now.  I can also do things like boiled eggs or shredded chicken with a little light mayo or yogurt for a few examples.  I'm learning how much of what I can still eat.  I measure my food but for example I can eat more yogurt that shredded chicken.  I don't get that "full" feeling until I'm miserable.  I know my stomach is still healing, but does that feeling ever come back? 

FuturePinUp
on 3/2/16 6:50 am

It definitely comes back! At around a month out is when I started feeling fullness again, and was more able to listen to my body for those signals. I still weigh everything I eat, and plan on doing so at least until goal, but it's nice to feel "normal" again, and have that extra level of satisfaction.

And absolutely you will always be able to eat more of liquid (which is really what yogurt is), and slider foods than of proteins. For example, I can probably eat like 4 cups of popcorn because it turns to mush. Chicken breast? 4-5 oz. and I am stuffed! That's why its so important to always prioritize protein.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

betterme2014
on 3/1/16 5:49 pm - Canada

interesting. I can eat about a half cup. I'm on soft food stage with my clinic. I'm 4 weeks post-op. Sometimes I've wondered if I'm eating too much but I don't feel like I am. Water is easy to drink too.

healthymekg
on 3/2/16 5:35 am

I agree with you that I am always worried if I am eating too much.  Water is easy for me to drink as well.  I can easily get in my 64+ oz in a day. 

FuturePinUp
on 3/2/16 6:46 am

At 3 weeks out, I was eating a lot of soft solids and purees, and averaging between 700-800 calories a day. My meals typically looked like:

Breakfast: 4oz. high protein yogurt (like Siggi's) or a scrambled egg with some cheese and scallions

Lunch: Tuna salad

Dinner: Ground beef taco meat with shredded cheddar and a tsp of sour cream

Snack: 1 oz. of soft cheese.

At around 4 weeks out, I started introducing in solids and moved on to rotisserie chicken, deli turkey meat, shrimp, tender steak, etc.

I am now over 8 months out and my meals look pretty much the same, with the addition of veggies, and a slight increase in daily calories. I expect they will stay like that until I am at goal.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 191 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 277 views