8 Months Post Op...no longer about the magic scale number

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/16 11:01 am

Hey, I'm all about your journey having to work for you. So, if a clothing size is what works for you, AWESOME! 

Clothing sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and designer to designer. I, too, had a clothing size goal. I wanted to fit into 32 inch waist Levi 501s or 505s that were loose enough to not give me a muffin top. Levis have been true to size forever! Their jean sizes have been stable since the 1940s. At that time, I was also wearing 30 inch waist Lucky Brand jeans - clearly vanity sized. 

Because of this I'm going to offer some unsolicited advice: Choose a specific label/designer that is true to size at the size 6 you enjoy wearing. Once chosen, I'd recommend going down in size just a bit more so that the size you choose is comfortably loose. You may even consider going down to a size 4. I say this because many people "even" out over the first three years and having a bit of wiggle room is often a good idea. Since you're going by clothing size, I think this might be something to consider. 

Again, my unsolicited two cents. 

Congratulations on your great success and hard work! I hope your Happy continues and only gets better! 

philly2dc
on 3/2/16 11:02 am

OMG a size 6, how tall are you?

Simone13
on 3/2/16 2:31 pm

5'4".  I just went shopping this past weekend and bought nothing but size 6 clothes!   I lie to you not!!

Laura in Texas
on 3/2/16 12:31 pm

I am glad you do acknowledge you weigh yourself and stay at this goal weight. Weighing is important.

It is so easy to start believing all the compliments and use them to justify gaining weight (Well, everyone says I am too thin, so it's OK if I gain a little...). The problem is, once someone starts gaining weight, it can be real hard to stop. Don't fall into that trap.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Simone13
on 3/2/16 2:30 pm

No doubt!!!  Oh I'm not in denial of the possibility of gaining weight.  So I weigh myself once a week.  You're so right...it's so easy to get caught up and get back into old habits!  It's still early in the game for me.  It's hasn't even been a year so I'm sure I will lose more before my year anniversary!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views