8 Months Post Op...no longer about the magic scale number

Simone13
on 3/1/16 5:54 pm

Hi everyone!!  I had the Gastric Sleeve Survey July 18, 2015.  What a journey it's been.  I had a magic goal weight in mind of 140-150 pounds.  I've lost 66 pounds so far.  SW 235 CW 168.  I thought once I hit that magic goal weight I would be happy and my goal would be reached.  Well to my surprise my Happy happened once I started wearing a size 6 in clothes.  I look and feel amazing at this size.  I haven't been a size 6 since I was in High School.  Friends and family see me now and say I don't need to lose anymore weight.  If I got down to that magic number on the scale I wouldn't look right.  The term "Non Scale Victory" is just what it means.  The scale no longer determines my goal.  Now I do weigh myself to make sure I'm not gaining any weight and so far no weight gain.  I lose a pound here and there every now and then but I'm maintaining it.  Shopping brings me so much pleasure!!!  To be able to shop in ANY store and pick clothes off that rack that has an abundant amount in your size is phenomenal!!!!   I'm happier and healthier than I've ever been in my life!!  I look and feel 10 years younger!  I'm living life to the fullest and loving me!  This forum was such a huge part of my success during this weight loss journey!!!!

bklyn718
on 3/1/16 9:49 pm

congratulations to you on this journey. It amazing me how happy I am to hear others success stories. I'm two months post op and I couldn't be more happier with my decision to have the sleeve.

Simone13
on 3/2/16 7:14 am

Thank you so much!!!   Best decision you could have made!!  I wish you much success, health and happiness!!!  We're all here to support you.through this journey!

bklyn718
on 3/1/16 9:52 pm

congratulations to you on this journey. It amazing me how happy I am to hear others success stories. I'm two months post op SW 247lbs, from shopping for size 2x and to my very first size lg. I couldn't be more happier with my decision to have the sleeve.

rhudson
on 3/2/16 4:01 am - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

Congratulations on your success.  It is freeing to not care about the scale so much.  My goal was a particular pants size as well, I didn't care what my weight was, I just wanted to be in that size, a healthy size.  I'm there now, actually a little below but that's fine.  Have fun shopping!  

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

Simone13
on 3/2/16 7:11 am

Thank you so much!!!   So glad to hear someone else who shares my thoughts on being healthy and looking healthy!  Congrats to you as well!  Good Job!  And happy shopping to you!!   It's so much fun now!!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 3/2/16 7:47 am - MI

You get it! :) I'm still not to my "goal weight" but like you I'm living and loving life too! Here is to shopping wherever we want now!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Simone13
on 3/2/16 9:10 am

Amen to that!!  Finally the scale doesn't dictate our success and happiness!!  I'm thrilled and super happy that you feel the same way!!  What a feeling!!!  Being able to shop ANYWHERE is a victory in itself!!!  Truly rewarding! 

dcapurz
on 3/2/16 8:00 am - NJ
VSG on 02/23/16

CONGRATULATIONS !!! Wow, you sound so happy !!! I am so happy for you and actually the way you sound is exactly the way I want to sound. I got my VSG 8 days ago and I have already lost 10 lbs. and even tho I have a goal in mind, I think I will know more once I start to lose weight, maybe I wont need to go down 100 - we'll see. I cant wait to be able to wear normal people clothes and feel better.

Thanks for your post and I look forward to hearing more from you and everyone else.

Simone13
on 3/2/16 9:21 am

Thank you so very much!!!  Congratulations to you on your new journey!!!  You're going to do very well losing the weight.  I never thought I would be this size and would no longer be fixated on the scale numbers.  You will definitely know when you reach that size that fits you and looks good on you.  A size 4 is not what I envisioned and ever wanted to be.  I like some of my curves.  So once I reached a size 6 I knew right then this was the perfect size for me!!!   I'm here if you ever need any motivation or simply need to talk.  Yayy and congrats to your new beginning!

Most Active