Help Wanted!

Scott S.
on 3/3/16 5:47 am - TX

Good morning!  I wanted to solicit advice on plateaus and staying on point.

I started this journey at 331 (late 2013) and hit a low last summer of 196.  Since hitting that low, I've maintained pretty regularly between 205-212.  My target from my doc was 199.  I would love to hit 185.

I monitor my intake and usually sit around 1000-1200 calories a day, with 75-90g of protein and very limited carbs.  I practice yoga 5x/week and stay fairly active.

Do most plateau at some point?  I've been given advice that eventually your body hits a point and that's it.  My RN and NUT said this is textbook after 2 year.

I've seen plenty of non-textbook results in a good way and would love to know what your advice is at a plateau or how to stay on track after 2 years.

TIA for any help!!

Scott

VSG: 8/8/13 

White Dove
on 3/3/16 7:31 am - Warren, OH

Yep, most people stop losing by year two and stay at that weight for about a year.  Then it is normal for the body to have a bounce-back regain of about 20 pounds.  I am surprised that you are maintaining at only 1200 calories.  Most can eat at least 2000 to easily maintain your weight.

That setpoint is not cast in iron.  If you want to lose more weight, try cutting another 500 calories a day.  Make sure you are weighing your portions and tracking carefully.  It is easy to underestimate your food amounts.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Scott S.
on 3/3/16 12:37 pm - TX

Thats a great idea.  I thought surely my activity level would warrant the extra calories.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Pushing through!

Scott

Spencerella
on 3/3/16 9:43 am, edited 3/3/16 1:41 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I'm wondering if you're measuring and tracking your calories accurately?  As White Dove had alluded to, this does not seem in line with your weight. If it is accurate, there may be a metabolic issue in play. It's rare, but if things are as you say, something else is preventing you from losing weight and this should be discussed with your doctor. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Scott S.
on 3/3/16 12:39 pm - TX

That's great advice.  I like going back to my doc and the nurse, but the $900 hit everytime has limited my use.  Last visit, there was nothing in my bloodwork.

Scott

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views