HELP!

Tiki3211
on 3/7/16 10:38 am

I'm 5 1/2 months out of surgery.  All was going well up until about 3 weeks ago when I hit a stall.  I'm down 65 lbs. and have an additional 50 to loose, but am about to go nuts with this stall.  Any suggestions on how to break the stall and continue moving down.  More info to help...I eat 850 to 900 calories per day, I keep my carbs at around 50g and I eat approximately 60g of protein, exercise 3/4 times a week.  Any help is appreciated...thank you in advance.

White Dove
on 3/7/16 10:56 am - Warren, OH

Cut the carbs to between 18 and 22 per day. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/16 12:58 pm

A lot can go into what causes a temporary stop in weight loss. 

Basically, it's calories, but you have to look carefully at the composition of calories. I'm not sure about your age, height or gender, so keep that in mind. If you are a more mature woman on the shorter side, your overall calories are probably a bit too high. You might consider cutting back to 750-800 per day. At 5 1/2 months you could probably still cut back even more without feeling deprived. 

What I would do whether or not you are at the right calorie level is drop your carbs to between 20 and 30 and up your protein to a MINIMUM of 80 grams per day. 100 grams would be even better, in my opinion. 

You don't mention your water intake, which should be AT LEAST 64 oz per day. I don't count coffee or other liquids in my water intake during WL. Once I'm at goal, I ease up, but for WL I always make sure to drink 64 oz of pure water - no flavor additions. Again, this is what works for me. 

Tiki3211
on 3/7/16 2:31 pm

Ok thanks...I am a 56 year female, 5'9" tall and I do get my water in daily.  Maybe getting more protein is the key and reducing my carbs.  Thank you this helps.

Most Active