Instant pot RIBS

michellemj
on 3/8/16 11:07 am

I've made these several times using a different rub/recipe, but I've always felt like it was too sweet.

One of my fav low carb blogs recently posted a low carb IP rib recipe and I think I'll try this next. She cuts the ribs into pieces, but I'll prob try leaving them whole as I prefer that presentation wise.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/02/make-ribs-instant-pot-low-carb.html

alouisa63
on 3/8/16 12:35 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I've made ribs a few times now and they've come out GREAT.  I don't care for BBQ sauce (never have) and like a dry rub instead.  When I make them, I put the dry rub on and then put the whole rack in, sort wrapped around the inside of the pot.  Add 1 cup of water and high pressure for 18 mins.  NR for 10.  I pull them out and put them on a baking sheet.  Add more dry rub ('cuz I really like it!) and throw them under the broiler for a few moments.  If I added sauce, I do it now (for other family members) so it can caramelize in the oven.  I cut them after they came out of the broiler because I find it easier to work with fewer larger pieces than all the little ones.  I LOVE the added color the broiler gives them and it doesn't take that long :)

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

happyteacher
on 3/8/16 4:33 pm

The ribs are just amazing- I used to be not so great at making them, but now some serious

yum!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/16 11:32 pm

recipe looks great. Thanks for posting.