2 WEEK LIQUID DIET!!

BREE_
on 3/9/16 12:05 pm, edited 3/9/16 12:09 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

IM ON MY THIRD DAY OF THE LIQUID DIET AND THE 1ST 2 DAYS WERE FAIRLY OK BUT TODAY IM SOOOO HUNGRY!! AND TO THINK I HAVE 11 MORE DAYS OF THIS  I HAVE A REALLY BAD HEADACHE AND IM GUESSING THATS DUE TO ME NOT EATING..ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO CURVE IT??  AND I AM DRINKING 64OZ OF WATER A DAY

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/16 12:39 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

The headache is not from not eating, if you are drinking the correct amount of shakes a day you are fine nutrition wise. The headache is most likely carbohydrate withdraw, your body is used to way more carbs than you're giving it and it is pissed so it's trying to force you to take in carbs by making you uncomfortable (yay biology...not!). It depends on your surgeon's/nutritionist's plan but I was allowed/had sugar free jello and popsicles as well as low sodium chicken broth when I felt hungry or wanted to eat or taste something different during the liquid stage, it sucks for sure, but you can do it! It's just 2 weeks and years later you will look back and barely remember the 2 weeks; I'm only a few months out and I barely remember it. I had to do 4 weeks of modified food: the first 2 weeks of mostly shakes with one solid protein meal a day and then 2 weeks just shakes, it sucked out loud!

However believe me when I say you better make nice with the protein shakes, because you'll most likely still need one daily for a long time, possibly forever. At 3 months out (tomorrow) I still usually have one daily. There are exceptions, like sometimes I just can't stomach one (I made two different ones this morning and both tasted so gross to me for some reason I ended up dumping them and having breakfast sausage instead) so I won't have one for a day or two but for the most part they are my breakfast or snack every day. If you are allowed crystal lite there is unflavored protein powder you can get (try super supplements or the nutrition shop depending on what is near you) and mix it with crystal lite and it kinda tastes like liquid jello so you're not stuck with the ridiculously sweet chocolate/vanilla/strawberry options. If you try that I'd go with a lemonade flavor or pink lemonade of crystal lite because it's more tangy and sour than some of their other flavors so it cuts the sweetness more. 

You're on a path to a new you, you won't believe the changes once they start happening! Take lots of pictures (no one has to see them but you) because you'll want them for comparison! Good luck!

BREE_
on 3/9/16 1:10 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

THANK YOU FOR THE EXTRA KNOWLEDGE IT THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO ME NOT EATTING LOL... ALSO DURING YOUR LIQUID DIET DID YOU WORK OUT? WAS THERE A GOOD AMOUNT OF WEIGHT LOSS WITHIN THESE 2 WEEKS FOR U? AND WOULD U RECOMMEND WORKING OUT?

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/16 1:28 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I lost 25lbs leading up to surgery, I had my consult in the first week of October 2015 (I want to say the 6th) and surgery was 12/17/15 (faster than most because I had minimal insurance prerequisites and I was on top of getting my other appointments done). I lost the most weight pre op when I gave up liquid calories honestly, no energy drinks/caffeine(still don't do any caffeine), no soda, no sugary juices and in like 2 weeks I lost 12lbs just from that, and that was before I went on my modified diet. I just gave those up because I wanted time for my body to adjust to losing all those things that I had so much of before. I upped my water to 64 or more ounces a day, I started drinking decaf tea to help with water intake. I did not do traditional working out, still don't, when I was pre-op. I just walked laps around my work building on my lunches. I still walk and I hike and in the summer swim and ride my bike, because they are what I like to do, I don't like the gym because I've had bad experiences there on past diets/weghtloss plans. My brain associates the gym with pain and suffering, I am working on changing that but it is a slow process. Let's just say I had a personal trainer that everyone called "the Nazi" and no one even grown fit men wanted to train with her because she was so intense and I did when I was 16 and I still don't like her and she doesn't like that I've had weight loss surgery and told me I "took the easy way out". I haven't trained with her in years but we live in a small town so we see one another all the time. What I like about walking/hiking is it is lower impact (for me because I am young and don't have joint issues) and I use the time to meditate and pray/talk to God, plus I love nature. There is a hill about 4 miles from me in my town overlooking a lake where I like to hike it's got lots of trails and you get to occasionally see wild animals which is cool.   

bigolalaskan
on 3/9/16 12:42 pm - Spring Creek, NV

Three things really helped me:  SF Popcycles (I'm sure your surgeons office has said this but ... not fruit cycles, fudge cycle, just plain SF popcycles) Herbal Teas by the gallon (something hot helped), and Bone Broth.  Bone broth is fairly easy to make with a slow cooker.  Also, SF Jello.  Lots of SF Jello.

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/9/16 1:48 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Your headache is from carb withdrawal.  On my second day I had what felt like a migraine.  Once that headache goes away do not for the love of all things cheat and have something with carbs or you'll do the headache all over again.  I'm now on day 11 and I do feel hungry but during normal times I would be hungry.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

BeautifulMe84
on 3/9/16 3:34 pm
VSG on 03/10/16

Today is my last day of the 2week pre op liquid diet...it was not an easy 2weeks by any means but seeing the pounds drop every single morning kept me going and also from not cheating at all...I lost about a pound a day. My surgery is tomorrow and I'm ready!! Hang in there it will be over fast.

BREE_
on 3/10/16 4:56 am
VSG on 03/21/16

THANK YOU! AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SURGERY KEEP MY POSTED PLEASE 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 4 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 187 views