Monday 5am I'm first in line

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/13/16 9:46 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

In the morning I begin my second WLS journey.  My lapland wasn't the correct fix for my.  My and my plastic demon (thats what I call it) got along in the beginning and lost 50lbs. However I learned pretty fast it didn't want to eat grilled chicken and other solid proteins without added gravy, dressing, or other fat filled sauces.  So my eating habits changed to fit what it wanted and I ate a lot of slider foods and began to drink with my meals... please don't do that.  I didn't know then what I was doing.  I thought I was just pushing the food down past the band, and didn't know I was pushing the food also out of my stomach more quickly than my natural design.  Eight years later I was back up to my original highest weight of 280.

Today I'm at 260 and my mind set has changed a lot.  Me and that plastic demon created a menu just like the one I was one before.  I didn't treat it like WLS but more like a diet.  I was having less pizza, less bread, less cake, less cookies, but I didn't stop eating those things.  No wonder it didn't work.

I've been inspired by those on here sticking to non-processed, low carb, high protein foods and sticking between 600-800 calories.  I have worked with my husband and we are ready to walk the good foods walk.  I also feel the best gift I could have had is a total failure of my band, it didn't work because I didn't work.  Because of that failure and regain I had to do some deep soul searching and find out exactly what my problem was. 

I'm down 20lbs since I saw the doctor 2 months ago, I am feeling confident about the changes I'm making.  Really food won't event be as much trouble with a shorter menu of things I want to eat. I've had my food funerals for things like subs, pizza, and Starbucks.  I told all of it I'd not see it for awhile.  It was hard to imagine never eating anything like that again but I have a personal handshake with myself that none of my trouble foods (mostly high carb items) will enter my home or plate for 1 year.  At that point I'll look at it again and evaluate it's need in my life.  I hope to write you all in 1yr form today on my sugerversiery and say I made it to goal and those foods never crossed my plate.  I don't need them, I've classed them as "death foods" those foods will do nothing but sit on my waist line until my early death if I keep eating them. 

Thank you all for the help you've provided me and I plan to stick around here.  This is a wonder group of supporters!  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/16 1:24 pm

Congratulations on all the work you done to get to where you are. You are so very close today to what this is all about. Sounds as if you will do fine after your surgery.

I too could not imagine never eating the foods you mentioned again. Funny how things change. I think of a sub now and oh I loved good sub bread and wonder why would I bother to get one to just be able to eat  an inch of it or a little more. Just does not appeal. I used to love carbs in the form of breads and crackers, they just don't appeal any more. So when your yr surgiversary comes along you may be very surpirzed by what you want to celebrate with.

All good wishes for your surgery tomorrow.

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/13/16 5:19 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Thats what Im hoping.  I did full vegetarian for a year and weirdly the only two things still on my cravings list was a hot dog and chicken wings... what a weird things to still want a year later.  I can tell already that sweet things are diminishing their control, I had a black tea with no sugar and normally I hate those, but today it was very nice.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/16 2:25 pm

You've done so much to arrive here today! Best of luck tomorrow. You're going in with the perfect attitude. I suspect you are going to be quite successful with your VSG. 

Just to put a bug in your ear: when your year is coming to a close, be sure you have a plan in place to say "hello" to some of those foods from which you are having a hiatus. I had no plan. Didn't work out so well for me. Well, it's the road I needed to take. No regrets. 

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/13/16 5:22 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I think I have a plan, when I did vegetarian for a year there was only two foods I wanted.  Chicken wings and a hotdog.  Unreal I know but thats the two that kept me wanting meat.  I had a hotdog and it wasn't the hotdog I wanted, it ended up being the salty flavor.  Now the chicken wings was another story I liked most of that goodness.  I like the Louisiana rub ones at wingstop and I can say I really liked the wings and the seasoning, I wonder if I would have also not cared too much about the wings had I had that rub to put on some zucchini.  So my plan is to just try the one or two things that haunted me that year.  My guess is my head will want it until I've had it and then it won't be so important. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views