Low Fever/Headache

LucyR
on 3/18/16 7:55 am
VSG on 03/03/16

Yesterday I was feeling tired and nauseous midday.  Got home and took my temperature and was high 99 to low 100's.  I am 2 weeks out and was feeling great up until yesterday.  The only thing I changed:

Took iron supplements the past two days due to period and being tired,

had yogurt,

tuna and

shrimp all mushed up for my meals.  

Three of my five incisions are swollen a bit.  Making sure I am getting my water.  Suddenly feeling pretty crappy.  Any need to be concerned? Do I need to call my surgeon?  

ladygodiva1228
on 3/18/16 8:20 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

There is nothing wrong with giving your surgeon a call.  I personally would given that 3 of the 5 incisions are swollen especially if they were not before. 

Could be nothing more than the start of a cold or it could be something more serious. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

kyzze
on 3/18/16 9:50 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

You should call your surgeon. Your incisions being swollen, along with fever,  may be cause for concern. Hopefully it is nothing but better safe than sorry.

Kyzze

BayouGirl
on 3/24/16 4:37 pm

Any up date?

LucyR
on 4/10/16 9:48 am
VSG on 03/03/16

Sorry for the delay.  

I got ahold of my surgeon and he sent me to the ER.  Wanted me to get a CAT Scan and have the dr call him but they basically ignored my request.  Was interesting how many medical people are not familiar with VSG.  Anyway after 9 hours, they sent me home with a RX for Tamiflu even though I tested negative for the flu virus.  

Was laid up a couple more days then got better.  The dr put me back on liquids only for two more weeks.  I am now 5 weeks and got to start food a week ago and am struggling.  He wants me to get 90 g protein and 75 ounces of water.  

BayouGirl
on 6/27/16 8:34 am

I'm glad to hear you are getting better!

Most Active