2nd day post op and I feel like hell. Will it go away????

Lindseydean1992
on 3/25/16 6:58 pm

Yesterday when I woke up and all I was feeling very minor pain but now this is the 2nd day in the hospital I finally did a nice long walk down the hallway and by the time we arrived back in my room I was nearly about to puke. My mom sugggested I sit in a chair which I have been doing anyway from time to time and suddenly I begged her to put me back in the bed cuz the pain was SO BAD I started crying and I have a fairly high pain threshold then suddenly I went thru a whole range of emotions. bawling like crazy smiling at my silly relatives who came to visit and then at another point I got really mad at my past and ppl in general. Will the 3rd day be better?? it even hurts to hiccup~~~

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 3/25/16 7:35 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

This will pass. Keep sipping and try to get up and walk. I had a pain pump and I would hit the button and it would knock me out.lol. 

It will get better. Your on your way to a new life. Hang in there and listen to your doctor and their team. It's a wild ride, beyond my wildest dreams . Welcome to the other side of your surgery. Congratulations on taking this big step towards a better life. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Lindseydean1992
on 3/25/16 9:22 pm

Thank you so much :3 Hearing such nice things from everybody on here and lots of texts from my family keeps me holding on to my faith. I cannot wait til the month is gone so I can start doing more rigorous exercises!!!

Rafa
on 3/25/16 9:58 pm
VSG on 03/16/16

Hey Lindsey,

I'm Rafa.

I had my sleeve done on the 16th (9 days ago) and I promise, this will pass. Just keep sipping the water and whatever liquids they're having you drink for nourishment and hold tight to your family and loved ones to get through this part. At 9 days right now, I'm lying face down in front of my laptop typing this out with no pain whatsoever, I'm able to stand on my own and dress myself. So just hold tight and get through this rough part and it'll all be worth it, I've lost 47lbs in the last 9 days, this procedure has been the answer to all my prayers.

God bless and please keep us updated on how you keep progressing,

Rafa

Newchapter
on 3/25/16 10:02 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

I'm 2 days out as well and can tell you it does get easier. I was in the same position you are in meaning every time I got up, I became so nauseated. I was even given a pain pump and nausea meds, but it barely touched it. I was discharged yesterday so today was my first full day alone. I had no choice but to get up and get whatever I needed. I was dreading it but in all reality, I seriously feel it helped with the soreness.  I can't stay up for long periods, but I do try and get up more frequently because for me it seems the longer I sit, the pain and nausea are worse when I do get up. I am still taking pain meds when needed, but I do see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. You are doing great. Just do what you got to do to keep yourself comfortable and as I tell myself often "this is a small stepping stone getting us to a happier and healthier life". We can do this!!  

alouisa63
on 3/26/16 4:57 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I was given and sent home with an anti nausea pill.  It helped LOTS!  Ask for something - mine was Zolfran :)

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Lindseydean1992
on 3/27/16 11:15 am

They gave me zolfran which i take when needed and it works wonders :)

BeautifulMe84
on 3/26/16 7:33 am
VSG on 03/10/16

Hi Lindsey!!

Ask your surgeon for Zolfran...it works wonders for nausea!! I am 17 days out and things are getting easier for me... and YES sweety things get better as each day goes by. Keep walking...sipping....resting to heal and try try to get in some protein! Protein is key to the healing process. Keep us all updated.

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/26/16 4:50 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I'm on day 12.  I'd say day 2&3 were my hardest.  Speak calmly and openly with your nose they will help you with pain or nausea.  Be nice, remember they have the meds :-)  They are especially impressed by those who are up walking, going pee and again are thankful and nice.  (I know several nurses)

When you get home it'll be easier and harder.  You won't have some of the comforts like bed that raises, an IV, and high potties.  So take it as easy as possible and I bet by day 5 you'll feel like a new person.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Luvmygs
on 3/27/16 10:58 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Please tell the doctor or nurses about your pain. They can give you something to make it more comfortable. All this will pass and day by day you'll start feeling better. It does take a few days to a week to start feeling better. Hang-in-there, we've all been there. Wishing you have a speedy recovery. Christine

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views