I don't know if I can do this......

Kathy2852
on 4/2/16 7:38 am - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

went for the sleeve Mach 29. Revision from the band. When they got snide, they found the band had eroded in to the inside of my stomach. All they could do was to get the band and out and repair the damage. I was lucky the band didn't kill me. The plan now is to Hal and then get the sleeve, but my husbaThank heavens nd is now dead set against it. This is an awful lot of pain and isn't the sleeve going to be similar?  I came home from the hospital last night and this morning one of the incisions was draining. I never smelled anything that bad. I was covered with the stuff as well as all the bedding and drips on the floor. Than heavens for my wonderful husband who took care of everything. Now he doesn't want be to have any more surgery. After this experience, I just don't know. So frustrated. And I still have to stay on the stupid liquid diet. 

acbbrown
on 4/2/16 8:06 am - Granada Hills, CA

Surgery isn't easy but the good news is it is very temporary in the grand scheme of life. Give it a week or two and you'll probably be feeling much better. Only you can decide whether you can tolerate the post op pain/discomfort and icky things that come along with it but I personally would happily tolerate it all over again knowing what I do now. The sleeve has given me a life beyond my wildest imagination. My early post op days are vague memories. I don't know how accessible your surgeon and/or team is but I remember calling the nurse practitioner several times to ask if little things were normal. 

Oh and don't forget your stool softeners if you are on pain meds bc for me, that was the WORST complication / side effect. :))

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Paula1965
on 4/2/16 2:10 pm, edited 4/2/16 7:13 am
VSG on 04/01/15

If your incision is draining and has an odor to it, call your surgeon immediately or get to the emergency room. You very well could have an infection and need to be seen as soon as possible. 

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Kathy2852
on 4/2/16 7:04 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

I called already. I have to keep an eye on it. Going to take some liquid Tylenol to get my temp a little lower. 

Hislady
on 4/2/16 6:22 pm - Vancouver, WA

Band removal is very often much more painful than the actual WLS because it causes so much damage. If your band had eroded into your stomach you could very well have an infection from the stomach acids draining so please call your surgeon asap and have him check it out. The sooner you are on antibiotics the better you will heal.

The removal can be more painful because they are digging around trying to get the band out and remove scar tissue. So when they do the revision it should be less painful because they won't have all that damage to deal with. Ultimately it is your decision whether you get the revision but I wish you well and DO get your incision checked right away, don't wait till Mon.!

Kathy2852
on 4/2/16 7:07 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

My husband and my sister are dead set against anymore surgery. I spoke with the surgeon and am keeping an eye n things. Have to call Monday to make an appointment. 

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/4/16 1:22 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

They are having their own emotional roller coster just like you are.  Give it a month and everyone will settle in.  The doc needs to see your stomach heal up enough they can do VSG and that might happen sooner or later.  But your husband and sestets are probably mad, and upset, and also seeing you in a lot of distress and pain.  Best way to get them on board if you want to continue to VSG is to be tankful for their help, realize this is a set back but one I bet your happy you had done before it fully eroded (I've had two friends that had that happen and it earned them each 2 unplanned weeks in the hospital), also your mental attitude will help their attitude towards this procedure if you still want it.  Be sure to get your doc info, set a plan you want, and then work with them.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views