2 days post surgery with some questions...

Michelle B.
on 4/6/16 5:16 am

I was sleeved on Monday morning and camevening home from the hospital yesterday afternoon.  I have a binder around my stomach.  I was wondering for the people that came home with a binder how long did you wear?  I also still have qauze taped over my steri-strips.  How long until I should remove the qauze?  

hollykim
on 4/6/16 7:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 6, 2016 at 12:16 PM Pacific Time, Michelle B. wrote:

I was sleeved on Monday morning and camevening home from the hospital yesterday afternoon.  I have a binder around my stomach.  I was wondering for the people that came home with a binder how long did you wear?  I also still have qauze taped over my steri-strips.  How long until I should remove the qauze?  

these are questions for your surgeon

emelar
on 4/6/16 8:13 am - TX

Definitely ask your doc, and don't take it off until he (or his nurse) clears you to. Is it causing problems?

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 4/6/16 8:17 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I did not come home with a binder.. my steri strips had a piece of gauze along with a saran texture see through square band aid over top of them, the band-aid and gauze ended up coming off in the shower within a few days and my steri strips curled up at the ends but stayed on until my first follow up ( 10 days ) and the dr removed them. 

Jevelynne
on 4/6/16 12:09 pm
VSG on 10/26/15

I would check with DRbut for me at the hospital they removed our gauze but left the steri-strips. We were to wear binder until we felt comfortable without it. I wore I on an off the week while I was upright or walking. Steri-strips were removed by DR at 1 week appt.

HW: 299   SW: 277.2   VSG: 10-26-2015  Dr. Brian Gluck
Dr Goal Weight : 182.5 Hit Dr Goal 7-23-16
New Goal Weight: 170

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op