Sharp pain 3in above my bellybutton

Lululu
on 4/14/16 7:38 am
VSG on 03/27/16

I started to feel very sharp pain 3 in above my bellybutton this morning only when. I bend over
Do you think is something I should be concerns about and call my surgeon for it guys while I am far away from home??
I had to travel by plane yesterday for a little bit more than 10 and had to left my bag for weigh in you know then setting not that much comfortably at the plane for more that 7 hrs..
Have any of you experience something like this when you have to go through ruff day like I did yesterday two weeks after surgery??

emelar
on 4/14/16 8:12 am - TX

Always call your doctor if in doubt.  But it's probably just a muscle pulling where they stitched it back together.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/14/16 8:13 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If you hurt and you're worried, definitely call your doctor. The worst they can say is "everything's OK, you're just fine" and you've only taken a few moments of someone's time.

That said, the most complicated internal suture during surgery is near your bellybutton. My surgeon said patients often have a lot of soreness there even after the other incisions have healed up. So there's a good chance it's not anything serious-- but best to call, just in case.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lululu
on 4/14/16 8:38 am
VSG on 03/27/16

Thank you guys 

I send my surgeon a message asking him about that pain and if I need to see someone here.

I am waiting for his response...

the pain looks superficial right under the skin I think 

Lululu
on 4/14/16 11:01 am
VSG on 03/27/16

Hallo again and thank you so much saasycat for your response
I just got a response from my surgeon told me it might be a muscle spam or strain and should worry to much and asked me to contact with him again if the pain got worse or it it radiate to the back or any part of my body.
I am doing ok and I think it was something to do with the muscle thank God..
What a relief :))))

Most Active