Home and ALIVE!

VSG48MAN
on 4/22/16 3:58 am
VSG on 04/20/16

Well, I did it. Had my VSG at 7:30AM Wednesday, woke up in recovery around 10AM in just a little pain, no nausea, Thank you LORD.

Then they moved my room, slept for a few hours, then they brought me my lunch, gourmet fare of apple juice, chicken broth, sugar free strawberry ice, (which was really good), and water. Hats off to the chef. Took me more than 2 and half hours to get down 1 ounce of anything. Most of it was taken away without me touching it. I thought I was feeling pretty good until I got up and walked the halls, then I felt like the MAN OF STEEL! The walking is the best thing in the world! I felt so much better after walking. For all of you newbies, get up and walk as soon as you can, even if you think you can't, do it. It will relieve gas pains, stretch everything out, which is a good thing, even though it might sound like it. After walking I sat up in a chair for a couple of hours. Whatever you do, try not to lay in the bed too much. Get up, get moving! 

Came home last night around 8PM. My Dr.'s plan is for me to start full liquids, protein supplements and vitamins today, but he said, if I don't feel ready, I can wait and stay on clear liquids until I feel I can handle it. I am going to play it by ear. My new stomach is making so much noise, it scares my dog sometimes, but it feels pretty good. I am having some spasms, every now and then and they are a little painful, but nothing that I can't handle. It kind of feels like making a fist then relaxing it. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long did it last?

That's about it for now. I hope this helps someone who is thinking about taking that step. It is not NEAR as bad as my fear and my mind were trying to trick me into believing. You can do this, if I can, anyone can.

Dee R.
on 4/22/16 6:05 am - CA

Congrats!!  So happy to hear it went smoothly.  I'm 1 1/2 years out and my tummy STILL rumbles a lot!  All the people around me at work laugh every time it gets loud.  LOL

jazzygirlnc
on 4/22/16 6:58 am
VSG on 04/14/16

Congratulations, welcome to the losers bench! So glad everything went well. Walking is truly your best friend after surgery

Height: 5'9" // VSG: 4/14/2016

HW: 297# (while pregnant) // SW: 273.1# // CW: 187.8# //

GW: 145#

Lost thus far: 85.3# // Until Goal: 42.8#

Percent Excess Weight Loss: 66.5%

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/16 10:28 am

Sounds like you are having a recovery very much like mine - SMOOOOOOTH! Hope it continues! 

Congratulations! 

ubserved
on 4/22/16 4:51 pm

Make sure you keep up on the acid reducer, that's whats probably causing the stomach noise and what not. Good luck. 

Most Active